Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all form the land of georgia!!!! this is my first official post and i have a quite an interesting predicament. Ever since i was able to drive i have all ways wanted a p38 but have all ways been very weary due to the dark history of expensive problems, but after a wrecked jaguar (rip xj, rip) and $2000 i finally took the plunge and bought a 96 p38 with 130k and will never regret it. Now the previous owner had it for 11 years and in that time when something broke, he either superglued it or ignored it..... So after months of going through it with my very fine toothed comb, i have absolutely no issues(not to brag). i repaired everything from drag links, snaped driveshafts, abs isseus, to overheating and hvac, and its all thanks to the help of my trusty sidekicks which are all of you !!! So simply my problem is this, I have nothing to tinker with..... it may sound odd but i have always had a car that broke down or had something to repair and its kinda in my blood to take something apart and fix it. My questions is what are some cheap (i got kids) upgrades i can do to my rover that would quench my hunger? any idea is appreciated and like always much appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
Greetings all form the land of georgia!!!! this is my first official post and i have a quite an interesting predicament. Ever since i was able to drive i have all ways wanted a p38 but have all ways been very weary due to the dark history of expensive problems, but after a wrecked jaguar (rip xj, rip) and $2000 i finally took the plunge and bought a 96 p38 with 130k and will never regret it. Now the previous owner had it for 11 years and in that time when something broke, he either superglued it or ignored it..... So after months of going through it with my very fine toothed comb, i have absolutely no issues(not to brag). i repaired everything from drag links, snaped driveshafts, abs isseus, to overheating and hvac, and its all thanks to the help of my trusty sidekicks which are all of you !!! So simply my problem is this, I have nothing to tinker with..... it may sound odd but i have always had a car that broke down or had something to repair and its kinda in my blood to take something apart and fix it. My questions is what are some cheap (i got kids) upgrades i can do to my rover that would quench my hunger? any idea is appreciated and like always much appreciated!!!!
Unfortunately, with the P38, nothing is really cheap. But you could always take rubbing compound to any scratches, wax, steam clean, etc.

You could do the LED swap too. That's not horribly expensive. Search it. You could search ebay and try and find some wood trim. How'd your headliner? You could do that if it's in rough shape or sagging.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
BMW expansion tank with the low coolant level sensor is a good mod. Saved my bacon when one of the head gaskets sprung a slow leak. And if you are really feeling lucky, cutting a trap door for the Fuel pump removal/install may be a future time saver and get you out of hugging tarmac.

If you have Air springs, plenty of mods there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts