RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Hope someone can answer this question. Is it possible to put a 1998 range rover shell on a 1994 chassis ? Many thanks.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
270 Posts
To be honest, unless you're a wizard in the field of engineering, you might want to rethink doing that job. Two completely different chassis'. One's a ladder frame (Classic), and the other's a space-frame (P38). Plus, you don't know what issues you're going to run head-first into with the BECM. Those units don't like change!!
Out of curiosity, why do you want to take on this job?
There's better rewards out there for the time and money you'll invest in that project.
I've swapped Classic chassis' before so I'd like to think I know a small bit about them :thumb:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Hi guys. Hope someone can answer this question. Is it possible to put a 1998 range rover shell on a 1994 chassis ? Many thanks.
fuel tank location, spare tire stowage, bumper mounts, shifter locations, are a but a few issues to resolve, wheel base is about the same but not necessarily axle and wheel well location from one body to another.
as someone else mentioned, electronics.
not impossible but time consuming, some time ago (10 to 15 yrs maybe) someone here in the states was toying with the idea of installing rear door and roof from d1 onto a classic...don't know if they succeeded or not and at various events I have seen classic front ends on d1's and vice versa.
anything is possible with enough dedication.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,458 Posts
...anything is possible with enough dedication.
...kinda like our friend the South Afrikaner transplant doing an EV Series on an RRC chassis w/ EAS....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts