RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

After replacing the batter my Range Rover Sport Supercharged from 2013 the computer is showing red failure and message "Charging system fault"

ODB code are:
  • P065B as well as
  • B11DB and
  • P0526.
ODB is showing that the battery level is 14V and according to the electrician the car is charging and everything seems to be normal. In a few weeks since I have the code, the battery level remains the same.
After resetting the code on ODB is ts coming back after a few minutes.

Any suggestions what this all means and how to reset it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
128 Posts
Using IIDTool there are places to set battery parameters in the car configuration, and also a routine to recalibrate the battery, so it seems like whenever you replace a battery there is some programming you should do too. I guess LR incorrectly presume that owners would always take the car to an LR dealer even for just a battery swap.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Interesting...as I've changed out the battery on my 2013 RRS HSE LUX and did not have to do any programming of any sort to get the car to work...zero codes or issues popped up.

Was the car throwing these error codes before you changed the battery or any other codes?

Where does it say that the car needs to be re-programmed when a new battery is installed?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
I agree: no programming needed when I renewed the battery on my 13 HSE.

Check the negative cable from the battery (tightness at the post, tightness and installation of all that hardware around the post, the tightness and cleanliness of the connection at the ground point). Check the wires and connectors to the radiator fan switch. If you can get to it, check that all wires going into the ECU are connected/inserted correctly. That doesn't work, find you local alternator/starter rebuilder (just about every city has a few) and let them check/rebuild your alternator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts