RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did all the appropriate searches, but I still can not figure out a few things.

1. How do you put the bonnet/hood into full tilt?
2. Is there anything I need to address when disconnecting the battery? There is a pyrotechnic charge on the + side to disconnect the battery in case of an accident, is this an issue?
3. Should I connect a charger so I do not loose any settings?
4. Has anyone ever put a second battery in the truck? I have dual batteries in my 90's and my Yukon, to run lights, portable fridge and etc and I would like to run my fridge in the RR too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, here is the process.

1. In order to move the bonnet/hood to the full extended mode, you have to remove the shock mount. The easiest place to remove is the body connection, instead of the hood.
2. Make sure you use the clips to secure it. They are on the first part of the hinge.

3. Make sure the truck has not been turned on or entered for 5 minutes.

4. Remove the ground first, then the positive side.

5. Replace, then repeat backwards.

I ended up putting a Red-top Optima in for now, until I can exchange the other battery. The optima is smaller but works fine. I did the red-neck thing and used a bungee cord to provide additional security, since the Optima is significantly smaller, but the same specs as the factory battery. I did have to add a longer ground wire, because the factory one was too short.

I know that there is a debate on the quality of the Optimas, but I have had them in my Defenders for years and years with out any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts