RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 1st post but been with LR's on and off for 8 years now. Gonna change the diff oil next weekend on my 2008 RRS S/C and I can't seem to find any post about the oil weight I should use for the front and rear. On my LR3 the oil was the same for both, but a few posts on here lead me to believe it may be different based of the rear locker. I have no idea which rear locker I have, and other than calling LR I'm not sure how to find out. Any advice on the oil weight? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I guess I should have written up the question differently. I knew there were only two possibilities and each required a different fluid. I will use the referenced PDF to look for the actuator in the next few days. Thanks.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
A call to an authorized dealer should also clear it up for you, if you provide them your VIN they should be able to look up your build and tell you if your S/C is equipped with a locking rear differential or not. No need to get all dirty unless you really don't have a choice. ;-)

·
Banned
901 Posts
with the full size RR if it supercharged and newer than 07 it has a locker. Maybe there's something similar like that with the sport. I just did this recently on a full size. The oil is also available from Land Rover and Atlantic British.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts