RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone Changed Big End Bearings out there without Pulling Motor? Can it be done?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
possible yes, but it's a huge pain for getting to things. Proper torque is almost impossible. Pull the engine and clean everything up while you are at, you will be much happier in the end.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Odd you should ask as I was considering doing the same.
Done loads of Classics and Disco's in situ so dont see why not.
Although having the EAS software and cable will be a bonus with a P38 bearing replacement...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the EAS software & cable. Do you use it to put the rover in high position to give you more room or do you set the high value a little higher for extra height?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Go into heights tab, that way you can just raise or lower front as required but only do it 2 clicks per side to raise/lower equally, a must is to use stands each time. I'd place them right in front if you have 6 ton or behind front wheels on chassis is using the smaller 3 ton stands.

Before going ahead I would check oil pressure 1st with a gauge, its a bugger to carry out as you need to remove alt and bracket, remove oil pressure switch and attach gauge, also a slightly low oil pressure can be caused by worn rocker shafts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts