Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out what differences there are in the l320 specifically 06-09 in terms of mechanical changes if any. Looking at an 06 SC or an 09 SC and just trying to compare if LR made any improvements during those years. Any info would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport S/C
33 Posts
I believe mechanical changes were minimal to nil. Minor aesthetic changes from year to year. Any S/C L320 from 2006-2009 is a Gen 1 -- my lexicon -- and has the 4.2L S/C V8 (or 4.4L V8, non supercharged).

2010-2013 where what I call the Gen 2 L320s which came with either the 5.0 V8 or 5.0 S/C V8.

·
Premium Member
2006 Range Rover Sport
1,207 Posts
Before John sold this site, there was a page on here that listed model year changes year over year, but not sure if it went into the "Gen 2s". Maybe you can find it on you favorite Internet archive site.

IIRC the Gen 1s are identical mechanically. LRNA changed their packaging over the years - for example when I bought in March 2006, the telephone bluetooth package (PTI) was separate from the Luxury package (LUX) but eventually LUX included PTI. Software-wise the difference that comes to mind is the 2006 has the 1791 nav on the go backdoor while 2007+ closed it. Not an issue if you have the Gap tool. Then you'll have your regular cosmetic choices with varying availability of colors, color matched accents (i.e. door handles, exterior trim) and wheel choices. But assuming both are comparably equipped, they should be mechanically identical.

Reactions: Forgersofhalo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts