RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my order from Fuji White to Yulong White for my wife's 2016 Range Rover..I saw some pics on the forum and thought it looked great.

My dealerships says they've actually never ordered or seen the Yulong White before, I found that interesting because it was an option for the 2015 Range Rover line up as well.

I will post pics when the car arrives (October/November 2015)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have seen this color, it looks great in direct sun light, however it looks silver in the shade or at night. It is interesting .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice choice. What interior did you go with? For Yulong Id highly recommend Almond/Espresso with Almond seats. The pictures on JLR website do almond a great disservice, it actually looks closer to their ivory picture renders.

I almost went with Yulong for 16, but the 15 im trading in is Fuji White. So for this year I'm going with Mariana Black. I ordered espresso ivory with espresso seats, and the $1500 wood optional wood, the name escapes me. I may change to Ebony ivory though. Here is exactly how my exterior will be, color, wheels, and vents. The side vents just look so great on these vehicles, I'm always surprised more people don't add them. I have them on my fuji white 15 as well and it just looks stunning!

I was able to see Mariana for the first time in person yesterday. They had Mariana Black, Borolo Black, and Santorini Black side by side. Co-incidentally that is my exact order of preference for those colors. Mariana is just stunning, very subtle blue undertone. It was cloudy, and all 3 colors look near identical. It wasn't until I got close and used the flash on my camera that I could see the differnce. Excited to go back and look once we get some sun!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here is a good shot of Yulong, add some bright atlas side vents (dark atlas could also be cool) to this and style 707 wheels, and woooooo eeeeeeee!!

Yulong wasn't available in early 15 by the way, it was a late addition. That's why not many dealers ordered it.

If you live in Toronto, white is a no brainer. So much easier to keep it looking clean in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
I would never have a white vehicle.

But I must admit if car companies just decided to offer 2 "colors" then the Yulong is the one.

I am not 100% sure that the full size Range Rover a couple houses down from is Yulong but it sure seems to look a lot nicer than standard white.

Between the 2 "colors" Yulong is 100 times nicer. Good choice.

I have seen this color, it looks great in direct sun light, however it looks silver in the shade or at night. It is interesting .
Agreed. Perfect explanation.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would never have a white vehicle.

But I must admit if car companies just decided to offer 2 "colors" then the Yulong is the one.

I am not 100% sure that the full size Range Rover a couple houses down from is Yulong but it sure seems to look a lot nicer than standard white.

Between the 2 "colors" Yulong is 100 times nicer. Good choice.

Agreed. Perfect explanation.
What's your beef with white? All 4 of my vehilces are white, and from the OPs signature he's a white car guy too. But with RR, they have such a great color pallete there is at least 5 exterior colors I plan on eventually leasing. 2017 I'll probably try Yulong.

To me it just looks so classy, and it's much easier to maintain in the winter. It also hides paint defects too.

I've heard some men think white is too feminine, which I don't understand. White color is not gender specific like pink and baby blue. On a luxury car, hard to beat white with a brown/beige interior as far as classy looks go.

Here is my fuji white 15... I wouldn't say Yulong is 100x nicer, it's just different.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That actually sounds really nice to me...I just wanted something a little different from the regular Fuji white

Nice choice. What interior did you go with? For Yulong Id highly recommend Almond/Espresso with Almond seats. The pictures on JLR website do almond a great disservice, it actually looks closer to their ivory picture renders.
We went with Ivory interior (Ivory seats). My wife loves that interior and I agree it is the classiest interior in my opinion. I am not a fan of Almond/Espresso. To be honest, I really dislike the brown dash and doors. I prefer black dash and doors.

Yulong wasn't available in early 15 by the way, it was a late addition. That's why not many dealers ordered it.

If you live in Toronto, white is a no brainer. So much easier to keep it looking clean in the winter.
Ya my dealer mentioned that Yulong only became available in the 2015.5 models.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
What's your beef with white? All 4 of my vehilces are white, and from the OPs signature he's a white car guy too. But with RR, they have such a great color pallete there is at least 5 exterior colors I plan on eventually leasing. 2017 I'll probably try Yulong.

To me it just looks so classy, and it's much easier to maintain in the winter. It also hides paint defects too.

I've heard some men think white is too feminine, which I don't understand. White color is not gender specific like pink and baby blue. On a luxury car, hard to beat white with a brown/beige interior as far as classy looks go.

Here is my fuji white 15... I wouldn't say Yulong is 100x nicer, it's just different.

No idea why I do not like white I just don't. And please do not confuse it with me hating people that choose white that surely isn't the case. Do not want people to get the wrong impression of me.

I did have a dealer friend of mine in the past (late 90's) that said you can always tell which dealers are not leaders in their market. He said dealers with lots of white and black vehicles on their lots have a horrible allotment from the manufacturers. I have no idea how true that is but back in the 90's whites and blacks didn't seem to be as popular as they are now.

I also do not see the huge advantage to white staying cleaner in the winter. Can't you still see dirt spots? Of course black probably shows the most dirt and scratches. I would definitely know about that as my Hummer was black with a lot of forest pin-striping.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
That actually sounds really nice to me...I just wanted something a little different from the regular Fuji white

We went with Ivory interior (Ivory seats). My wife loves that interior and I agree it is the classiest interior in my opinion. I am not a fan of Almond/Espresso. To be honest, I really dislike the brown dash and doors. I prefer black dash and doors.

Ya my dealer mentioned that Yulong only became available in the 2015.5 models.
Do you have a picture of the white interior. That always seemed cool to have white interior except maybe for me as a daily driver as I would probably get it much dirtier than my wife would. Although if I did have a white interior I would certainly have to really enforce the "No Coffee" rule more than I do on my passengers. :)

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
You need to pay attention to the white undertones! I didn't really love the Fuji White I saw with Ivory interior. The ivory is yellow toned and the Fuji more stark and cool toned.

Here is the Fuji White with Brogue/Ivory interior. Fuji makes the Ivory look dingy.

LR RR Brogue-Ivory 24.jpg

Ivory should look much better with Yulong as that is a warmer white.
Yes, I've been doing a lot of color/design/demodeling stuff at the house!! :-D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

I almost went with Yulong for 16, but the 15 im trading in is Fuji White. So for this year I'm going with Mariana Black. I ordered espresso ivory with espresso seats, and the $1500 wood optional wood, the name escapes me. I may change to Ebony ivory though. Here is exactly how my exterior will be, color, wheels, and vents. The side vents just look so great on these vehicles, I'm always surprised more people don't add them. I have them on my fuji white 15 as well and it just looks stunning!

I was able to see Mariana for the first time in person yesterday. They had Mariana Black, Borolo Black, and Santorini Black side by side. Co-incidentally that is my exact order of preference for those colors. Mariana is just stunning, very subtle blue undertone. It was cloudy, and all 3 colors look near identical. It wasn't until I got close and used the flash on my camera that I could see the differnce. Excited to go back and look once we get some sun!
My friend has a Mariana RR , it's really nice, pretty much the same color as our BMW but they call it Carbon Black, it actually looks Black until the sun catches it.

I'm ordering a Yulong RR soon, it is a toss up between that and Black, I'm on my second Fuji RRS so I fancy a change. But then again, Fuji is so easy to maintain.

Oh I dunno , decisions decisions. First world problems, right?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need to pay attention to the white undertones! I didn't really love the Fuji White I saw with Ivory interior. The ivory is yellow toned and the Fuji more stark and cool toned.

Here is the Fuji White with Brogue/Ivory interior. Fuji makes the Ivory look dingy.

View attachment 142186

Ivory should look much better with Yulong as that is a warmer white.
Yes, I've been doing a lot of color/design/demodeling stuff at the house!! :-D
Ms. MDX, you make a VERY good point. Thank you for reaffirming my decision to switch to Yulong White instead of Fuji White with our Ivory interior choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts