RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 03 range rove and the water pump went out for the second time in two years. I had to order a new pully so I had my car taken apart for several days before it came in and was also pretty cold out side. After I changed it the engine sounds like a leaky exhaust. Any ideas? I read a thread saying someone had posted about the primary belt assembly problem or something but I couldn't find it. Also, as much as I hope it's not, I also wondered if it may be a cracked head or something being I had half of the coolant drained and the other half in the engine was a water/coolant mixture because of a temp fix with it leaking all of it out. Any ideas or help would be awesome

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
252 Posts
Hmm honestly this post seems a bit confusing to me.

Exhaust leak as in like a whistle? And are you'd saying coolant leaked out after you put everything back together?

The extra noise could be a seized fan clutch. This could have caused the premature damage in the first place. If the clutch is seized on your fan runs close to actual engine RPMs and as you can guess, puts excessive strain on the water pump bearings, the most common failure point.

Make sure that when you're refilling the coolant, to have the heaters set to max to bleed air out of the system as that may cause a noise.

Likely, when your pump failed your engine belt and pulleys got washed in coolant. This could cause a belt noise possibly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts