RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've changed the front brake pads on my l332 -03 this weekend. The work went pretty good with som minor issues like the sensor cable connection i ordered from brittish parts didn't fit. However, after everything was done and I took it for a test drive the brake pedal feels soft and I can press it to the bottom. The brakes works fine and there is no leakage. I've changed brake pads both on cars and motorcycles before and this never happen. Is it possible to get air in the system just by changing brake pads?

One other strange this is that when the car is not running, the padel feels firm and can not press it to the bottom, but when I start the car I can.

It's hard for me to explain all this in english but I hope you understand what I mean.

Best regards, Hannes

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hi. Did you open the bleeder screws when you pushed the pistons back in or did you just push in the pistons and let the reservoir fill up.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
If you changed from OEM pads to ceramic (like Akibono) it will feel much softer in the pedal. Ceramics work great and leave no brake dust but give a much softer and odder feel. You will be able to press the pedal all the way down...

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
185 Posts
Probably you have some wear on the rotors, so until the pads wear a little bit to match the rotor surface, you'll experience some softness also.

When the engine is off, and if you have pressed the pedal, the vacuum reserve on the power booster will go and you'll feel the pedal very hard, since there is no assist at that moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts