RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people post that they have done a ceramic coating. I assume this protects the bodywork. Does it stop swirl marks? What are the benefits of doing these coatings? Does it impact positively or negatively the colours of the paint? Is it possible to do this in Europe e.g. Belgium? I never came across it apart from in this forum. Are there other coatings apart from ceramic? How much does it cost?Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I had a ceramic coating http://www.ceramic-pro.com/en/shop/product-line/product/9h/ put on my QX80 and RRS. I do not have any swirl marks on either trucks. The tan QX80 has had it for about a year and my grey RRS has had it since December. I get the cheapest car wash and tell the dealer to not wash it since they hand wash with who knows what. The paint has a constant smooth feel regardless of just being washed or if I wipe the dirt off with my hand. You do not get that nails on a chalk board feel either. I honestly forget what I paid since I when I had the QX80 done I had 3 other cars in for a standard detail and when I had my RRS in I had another car or 2 in for details and I have been using this detailer for years. On my last RRS and other cars that they have done I had a product called Sonex (sp?) applied. Cheaper but need to do it at least once a year. The Ceramic Pro is good for 3-7 years depending on which one you get.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
It does not protect the body work from rock chips and such. Those still can happen. It does protect the paint from fade and makes the color look deeper and richer. I am certain that ceramic Pro is available in Europe the founder of the company is from the EU. Cost can have a big variance. It is dependent upon the finish product applied. Some have a one year life span up to lifetime protection. Also the level of paint correction that is done adds to the cost factor. The paint correction is key for an outstanding finish. Even a brand new vehicle will need paint correction. If you don't do the paint correction you may as well just put lipstick on a pig.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just ordered at protech.mc (the one in turnhout: http://protechturnhout.be) a front film (Ultimate protection to preserve the bodywork against impact from the road (gravel debris, insects, etc.) by depositing a transparent protective film. The film we provide you with is a high-quality, transparent and self-repairing film, with a thickness of more than 150 microns. This film can be applied onto the most sensitive areas of your vehicle: hood, front wings, rocker panel, headlights, bumpers, wing mirrors. This service is perfectly compatible with Protech ® ™ Paint treatment.) and ProTech 3D+ (nieuwe wagen) - Categorie D 1 € 983,471 21% € 1.190,00 Coating (Repulses the elements. Created by ProTech® Monte-Carlo, this treatment is the very essence of more than 25 years of research and development. It permanently bonds to the paint’s natural structure to protect against ageing and deposits an active anti-adhesive and dirt-repellent coating. Acting like a protective shield, ProTech® 3D+ treatment enhances your car’s deep colour, bright shine and like-new look. Its repellent properties keep your car clean for longer and make cleaning effortless.) https://www.ceramicpro.be/ is also present in belgium but still waiting for their quote ... As said, decided today to go for protech after reading their site and compare ceramic coating with their coating.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, let me know if you are happy with their service. Maybe I will get it done on my silicone silver p400 if it ever comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts