RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has got a Range Rover P38A (2002) with the centre info screen broken. I'm helping him source a replacement part.

iur.jpg iu.jpg
I'm referring to the one beside the clock. (pics sourced from the internet)

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
So you need to replace the navigation screen due to physical damage or because it is not working?

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
He can remove the current screen assembly and search the part number. Most likely a new replacement is not going to be available but a used should be fine. The screens are not a common failure. The nav unit in the back is usually what fails. He can check the breakers in your area or online sources in your area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live in Dubai and so there aren't any breakers or local online stores for us to check with. Doubt our local dealer will have any parts and if he does, they will be at sky-high prices.
Our idea was to try eBay for a second hand unit, but that is proving to be difficult.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Do you already have it out for the correct part number?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,215 Posts
Drop me a PM - I have one of these screens sitting on my shelf from my own P38 when I put in an aftermarket navigation system.

I did have it on eBay awhile ago, but because I'm away so much with work, I don't bother anymore - and they aren't the most popular of items as RRTH mentions

Marty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,215 Posts
Haha - it's probably been sitting on my shelf for the past 4 years now! They never seemed to sell on eBay when I first listed it up - because as we all know, it's not usually the bit that fails!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Of you know you will have to find something else to collect dust in that space. :mrgreen: shelf space is a precious commodity in my shop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts