RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my doors wont unlock. When I unlock the driver door the door locks pop up then retract. If I hold the key to the unlock position the driver door will remain unlocked. When I try to unlock the doors by pushing the driver or passenger door lock down and then pulling it up, same thing happens. The locks pop up, but then return to the locked position. Any ideas what is causing this? first time it has ever happened.

We ar having cold weather (18 degrees last night), but it has been cold before and this hasnt happened.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Sounds like a push rod is binding or catching. A good cleaning and relube of your push rod guides and locks would most likely fix this. Of course while you are in there yoy may as well lube your window guides, clean up the door panels, clean out your drains... gotta love working on older rigs. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Cleaning is a good idea, also actuators may need adjustment. They're mounted with 4 10mm bolts on the door panel, I drove around with door panels removed for a while till I got it right, one warning though, make sure rear window is open in case you lock yourself out,

·
Registered
286 Posts
Had the same problem with mine.
A good lube session sorted it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts