Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Hi motorsport3,

It seems I have the same problem you had a few years ago with your HSE. Central lock is not working, front wipers are not working front wiper fluid is not spraying, interior lights are not working when door is open. After checking all the relays and fuses, the BCU underneath the seat may be at fault. Have you tried rebooting the BCU unit or to re-program it before swaping it out?

· Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
I was able to get the BCU fixed. The Body (electronics) Control Module BECU located under the passenger seat was stuck in Transportation Mode. This can happen if the battery drains out and during jump-starts. I have used the RSW Solutions AllComms tool with my laptop and was able to re-code the BCU. After re-code I cleared the "Transportation Mode" using the same tool. I was not aware that the software for this diagnostic tool got updated to Version 3 which can now debug BCU units or code new ones if you have to install new BCU, something only dealers used to be able to do. Nice way to avoid the dealer or having to pay a technician for it.

1 - 2 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.