RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I did a search and found only one topic that seemed somewhat related. My central locking has stopped working all together from inside the car and with the remote.

My rear trailerhatch button on the remote is the only thing that does work as the top half will open. The rear will not and I have to manually open the lower half now.

I checked all the fuses for central locking and trailerhatch and they all look fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The front windshield wipers are stopped working. The rear wiper is fine.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Have you tried a reboot? Turn it off and on again - disconnect the battery (only after leaving the doors closed and the bonnet open for AT LEAST 5 minutes to allow the NAV computer to go to sleep or you will "White Screen Of Death" it) then leave it unplugged for about 5 mins then connect it back up and see where you're at.

Also please report back, so that in the future people know what works and what doesnt.

Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked all the fuses, front and back and they all looked good. I'm going to be bringing it to the indy tomorrow to have a look.

I read about a weak battery possibly being a reason for all the electric gremlins....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not tried a reboot, and haven't read about the "white screen of death" until now. Sounds like more electronic pain. Will let you know what the mechanic finds.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
motosport3 said:
I have not tried a reboot, and haven't read about the "white screen of death" until now. Sounds like more electronic pain. Will let you know what the mechanic finds.
Battery disconnection
It is imperative that the key is removed from the
ignition before disconnecting the battery. A time of 2
minutes must also elapse before disconnection.

Failure to do so could result in:
l Navigation computer hardware damage
l Incorrect fuel gauge reading
Before disconnecting the battery, disable the alarm
system and switch off all electrical equipment. If the
radio is to be serviced, ensure the security code has
been deactivated.

CAUTION: Never disconnect the battery with the
ignition switched on.

CAUTION: To prevent damage to the navigation
computer hardware, a waiting period of two
minutes must elapse after the ignition is
switched off before the battery leads are
disconnected.

CAUTION: To prevent damage to electrical
components, always disconnect the battery
when working on the vehicle's electrical system.
The ground lead must be disconnected first and
reconnected last.

CAUTION: Always ensure that battery leads are
routed correctly and are not close to any
potential chafing points.
After re-connecting the battery, the steering wheel
must be turned to full LH and RH lock (with engine
running). This allows the DSC system to relearn the
steering wheel position. Failure to do so will result in
a variety of instrument warning lights being
illuminated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar problem where only my remote would work to unlock the doors. I had to take it to the dealer for the diff recall and they reset the locks. I don't remember the exact terminology used, but it was apparently something fairly common. I don't think they even charged me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up having to get the BCU (Body Control Unit) replaced as the front wipers and central locking stopped working. Not a cheap fix. Mid 300s for the part and 600s all said and done.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
motosport3 - you could do with adding a signature and location details....

No idea what you drive or where you live or whether that's £300 or $300?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry it is was a mid $300 part and the labor to install it was 2.5 hours at $118/hour at my indy mechanic here in San Francisco.

Car is a 2004 Range Rover HSE.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
motosport3 said:
Sorry it is was a mid $300 part and the labor to install it was 2.5 hours at $118/hour at my indy mechanic here in San Francisco.

Car is a 2004 Range Rover HSE.
Go to "User Contro Panel" andadd the car to your signiture. It really helps :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

its my first time using this so hope it works.

i have had a problem with my l322 2003 range rover central locking with the remote.

the boot will unlock with the remote but nothing else will. i have checked fuses and changed batteries in the remote.

i have no problems when pushing the central locking button above the hazzrd light and also when actully putting key in lock and turning . thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi motorsport3,

It seems I have the same problem you had a few years ago with your HSE. Central lock is not working, front wipers are not working front wiper fluid is not spraying, interior lights are not working when door is open. After checking all the relays and fuses, the BCU underneath the seat may be at fault. Have you tried rebooting the BCU unit or to re-program it before swaping it out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get the BCU fixed. The Body (electronics) Control Module BECU located under the passenger seat was stuck in Transportation Mode. This can happen if the battery drains out and during jump-starts. I have used the RSW Solutions AllComms tool with my laptop and was able to re-code the BCU. After re-code I cleared the "Transportation Mode" using the same tool. I was not aware that the software for this diagnostic tool got updated to Version 3 which can now debug BCU units or code new ones if you have to install new BCU, something only dealers used to be able to do. Nice way to avoid the dealer or having to pay a technician for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently acquired a 2004 petrol vogue that came without any keys. I have managed to get an aftermarket key cut and programmed so I can drive the vehicle but the central locking, wipers and interior lights will not function. After reading the posts in this thread it seems as though I may have a problem with the BCU. Will a dealer with access to Testbook be able to reboot it or whatever is required to bring it back to life?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts