RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my poor wife takes our newly acquired 2004 L322 to the gas station and can't get the gas fill to unlock, i told her to press the central lock and try to get all the doors unlocked - the rear doors don't seem to unlock with the central locking switch. She had to unlock everything with her remote control.

Am i missing something? is there a setting incorrect in the BCM i can modify with my Faultmate system?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
DO you have your locks set for single press/all doors or double press/all doors? I don't remember if access setting applies to dash button or not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall the setting exactly but she slammed on the unlock button a few times (myself included) and it never unlocks the passenger doors or the gas lock.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
SO unlocking with the remote works fine but the dash button does nothing for unlock? Does the dash button lock all doors?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No central button does unlock most of the time - and lock - and unlock just fine. But i did have it once for me too that it wouldn't unlock anything.

What could be the caues of this? Should i disable superlocking inside the BCM? Any other suggestions? I don't understand superlocking well enough to know if this is superlocking symptoms - in both cases we were in the car with no alarm going off, and seemingly all was normal in terms of ahving just turnedoff the engine and was trying to unlock to get the gas door open.

Thanks for your help ahnd pointers,
-Brendan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts