RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why do you have to replace your center speaker? I ask because mine has started to vibrate pretty badly, but I just figured it was a loose speaker grill that I have to replace...(some of the speaker grill clips have broken)

·
Premium Member
2016 L405
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
macman said:
Why do you have to replace your center speaker? I ask because mine has started to vibrate pretty badly, but I just figured it was a loose speaker grill that I have to replace...(some of the speaker grill clips have broken)
I'm replacing it becasue it is distorting badly...I think yours might have the same problem if the vibration you're refering to is actually distortion.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
My speaker on the dash started making that wierd raspy almost blown out sound. So i took off that plastic piece (carefully b/c it has 4 plastic clips that are fragile and will snap off easily) i then unscrewed the speaker and disconnected it. I found that the rubber ring on the outside ring of the speaker had delaminated. Went to the hard ware store and bought a glue that's for adhering rubber to metal (cost about 4 dollars). Layed a thin layer down where the speaker had delamenated and flipped it upside down on piece of cardboard for 24 hours (as per the directions) untill the glue had dried / hardened. put the speaker back in (this was done in august of 2009) and havent' had a problem since. its been more then a year now and still working fine. hope this works for you.

·
Premium Member
2016 L405
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rifat said:
My speaker on the dash started making that wierd raspy almost blown out sound. So i took off that plastic piece (carefully b/c it has 4 plastic clips that are fragile and will snap off easily) i then unscrewed the speaker and disconnected it. I found that the rubber ring on the outside ring of the speaker had delaminated. Went to the hard ware store and bought a glue that's for adhering rubber to metal (cost about 4 dollars). Layed a thin layer down where the speaker had delamenated and flipped it upside down on piece of cardboard for 24 hours (as per the directions) untill the glue had dried / hardened. put the speaker back in (this was done in august of 2009) and havent' had a problem since. its been more then a year now and still working fine. hope this works for you.
That's exactly what I did with mine...saved money on buying a new speaker `)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts