Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the post. That looks like a good one. I need one also but haven't been able to find one in good shape. I only worry about the top of the cubby now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. Is this one a good one? At $186 (US Dollars) + shipping it is not cheap. However, I need to fix a lot on my current console. Cubby box support is broken, the wholes for the window switch panel are gone and the shifter is not secured well. So I may take it off, use some JB weld, some extra support pieces and see how that works.

I am curious if anyone here has purchased this unit and how the fit and finish is.

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
146 Posts
When you open the box you will be initially disapointed. The console is actually in two halves, the back piece is a seperate part, the original was one piece. Because it is fibre glass the inside looks very shoddy and all the edges are rough, but when you get all your trim and switches installed you will not be able to tell the difference. Be careful when fitting the lid hinge as this area is very delicate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
custard pie feet said:
When you open the box you will be initially disapointed. The console is actually in two halves, the back piece is a seperate part, the original was one piece. Because it is fibre glass the inside looks very shoddy and all the edges are rough, but when you get all your trim and switches installed you will not be able to tell the difference. Be careful when fitting the lid hinge as this area is very delicate.
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For info, i've used MM4x4 several times and the service has always been good. They were very helpful when I purchased my sidesteps. I queried about problems of fitting with the TWR sideskirts and they went out of there way to find out the answer.
Do you guys get stung for tax on purchases from the uk?
My brother recently bought a centre console from America and UK customs charged him an extra £30 on top of the £86 postage!

·
Registered
150 Posts
No we do not have to pay the VAT. It just cost a little more for shipping. The last item I got from the uk got here extremely fast, 5 days. That was a fun delivery as I got parts from Australia and the uk on the same day. :dance:

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed on last year in my RRC. It required a little trimming to fit, but once installed it's made like a tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts