RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are supposed to be able to rip Original Cd's up to 10gb (NA market) but I have no soft key for it. Instructions say once cd is in there should be an button that shoe the ripping icon but mine does not have it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do you have the soft key option or is your's missing? So many things show that you should be able to do it without any model specific info. But it seems that even the techs have no clue about what should be on the vehicles. It is left up to the owners to scramble and do the research to find out for themselves

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
My recommendation is to give up on trying to rip CDs to your car's music hard drive and instead just use a USB drive with MP3 or other music files on it. CD ripping is also quite slow and requires you to leave your car on.

The USB drives have way more capacity than the available hard drive space, the compressed music files are way smaller, access time is faster, and you will often have better album/track/artist descriptions and album art using the USB stick than trying to rip CDs. Also, if you change cars you can just move your USB stick from an old car to a new car. You can also use an SD card in some cars but I would stick with the USB drive if you can.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it takes time and is different but more to the point do you have that option?

Cd quality is better than mp3 plus there are only a few that I have that I would like to have available on demand without having to worry about a thumb drive.

I would just like to know if anyone else does in fact have the option or if there are some with the same missing Softkey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts