RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all is it my L322 or everyone elses car CD player wont play copies? its just that i dont want to leave the original CD`s in the car. :x :x :x
thoughts greatly received thanks
ian

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
When the Laser Optical Pick Up is worn on a DVD player it will normally only play originals and not copies. Maybe this is a similar problem....

Replacement on a DVD player is about £100.

·
Registered
285 Posts
They sometimes skip a bit, but CD's I burn on my PC work OK.

I have Windows Vista and tried just copying MP3 files, which didn't sound too good. I selected the "burn an audio CD" option and that worked much better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello all, CD`s play all ok now, all i did was eject the cassette and put it back in and hey presto !!! it works fine as well as copies.
cheers
ian

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
Gazellio said:
When the Laser Optical Pick Up is worn on a DVD player it will normally only play originals and not copies. Maybe this is a similar problem....

OP was asking about CD on an L322. There is no DVD player as original equipment. The OE version does not play MP3's as well. There is an upgrade that can be installed to play MP3's and display names of songs on the MFD. http://www.roverupgrades.com/Range_Rover_MP3_Cd_Changer.html

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
marcpablo said:
Gazellio said:

OP was asking about CD on an L322. There is no DVD player as original equipment. The OE version does not play MP3's as well. There is an upgrade that can be installed to play MP3's and display names of songs on the MFD. http://www.roverupgrades.com/Range_Rover_MP3_Cd_Changer.html
I SAID: "Maybe this is a similar problem...."

Note the word similar, I was aware that his was a CD problem but thought the equivalent "CD Laser reader" may need cleaning or be at fault. `8)

·
Registered
91 Posts
So the early CD players in the early MKIII will NOT read MP !!!
only option is to change the CD player correct ??
and then its a true hassle having to dismount the whole front panel !!!!

Jaybear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts