RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I hope you can help with a problem on my 6 CD multichanger. It has not played CD's since I recently bought the car?

Just to explain I have loaded some CD's into the cartridge and when I insert it into the Clarion changer I can hear the CD's being selected as the arm pulls each CD over etc. I have bought a lens cleaner and inserted this into the cartridge also. The center display then shows that it has recognized the music CD's and also the lens cleaning disc as it shows not valid which is what I would expect.
If I select a music CD I can here the motor wizzing around but the display stays on ''Loading'' and does not play music?

As mentioned I have tried a lens cleaner, is there a reset I should try or any tips to try and get the CD to play music as eveything mechanically seems okay?

Thanks

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Tried using the much missed search function? It's been covered about a million times....

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
screen.jpg

Hi, i've tried and tried searching but just dont seem to see anything relevant to what I have...

As I said, the multichanger loads the discs and I hear the CD spinning as if its about to play but it does not start then after a few mins will show disc error.

I have used the CD lens cleaning disc multiple time, but fear I will need to buy another CD changer, and strip out the old one?

I have attaches a photo of the screen I get the stays on ''Loading''...

Thanks

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
We're supposed to guess the year I take it?
Why not add it to your signature?
And I can't imagine that every issue with the various stereo systems over the years, hasn't been covered too many times to count.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
A1, review the guidelines like you did BEFORE you made your first post. Scotland is a big country, we need a real location ... local folk might be able to help you out in person. More importantly you MUST put your year, model and engine info in your signature so we don;t have to play 20 questions to nail down your issues to a an actual model year.

Long and short is the you need to remove and blow out your CD changer because it is most likely clogged with years of dust and grime. after blowing it out, run a cleaning disc through the changer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts