RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 rrss has had this weird intermittent problem that I have noticed since adding the LR006792 ACM kit. It may have existed previous to this but I am not 100% sure.

When I am using AUX to play music through my iphone, if I push the "AM" button to hear some traffic news, etc, the display will show "AM" on the head unit but no sound. Now if I push "FM" there is immediate sound, and then go back to "AM" there is sound again on "AM". Idon't listen to enough AM, to remember to mention it to the dealer while I was there..and it was intermittent, so I just left it---until today when it got worse.

Today, I was listening to my iphone music while driving, parked for 2-3 hours, came back, and tried the iphone music again, and it would not play AUX, FM, or AM...but the CD player would play. Tried shutting the vehicle on and off, rearming the alarm, no dice.

My iphone would also play through it's little speakers if removed from the car kit, and also on other ipod docks (I tried 2-3 of them at the apple store in the mall I was parked in to confirm--so I know it's not my iphone.

The FM was also not working.--so further indication that it is the Rover and not the iphone.

Anyone experienced this/ know what this could be?

Drove 10 minutes, parked again, came back 2 hours later, and everything is working fine

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I run into the first problem you describe about 50% of the times when switching from AUX to AM radio (I have the ACM kit as well, but I believe the issue was there even before, when I switched from Sat radio to AM.) :lol: Just like you, I discovered that quickly punching the FM and then the AM button again revives AM radio. It is an issue too intermittent to ask the dealer to investigate - it would surely come up as "Cannot duplicate" on their work order - so I am living with it since it is an easy and painless, 1-second "fix". Others have noticed the same quirk, so it's definitely some sort of software bug that affects some cars on an infrequent, but regular, basis.

A couple of times - in almost 5 years of ownership, not bad I guess - I have experienced problem # 2 as well, radio display would indicate the correct source but no sound from any of them, or even from the voice recognition system. Just like a computer, rebooting the system fixed it. FYI, shutting the vehicle off and arming/disarming the alarm is not enough to get a full reboot as accessory power is still being fed to many modules, you have to be patient and wait a couple of minutes for the electronics to completely shut down before restarting the ignition (hint: When the little digital clock on the radio LCD disappears, that's usually a sign the electronics are truly off.)

These all sound like the typical Land Rover gremlins we all love... They give our cars character and make owners of other brands chuckle when we describe them... :wink: If they reoccur often (problem # 2 especially), by all means get your infotainment system checked though. There may be a software update available.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point on the clock shutdown---I'll watch for that next time, and wait until its gone out.

Do you know if the head unit would actually create a downloadable code that the tech would see or is it not considered a critical enough function to store downloadable codes (like engine management, etc)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts