RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from Iraq for some R&R and the Rover is acting up. I have a long car trip coming up and I really want to listen to some tunes. Anyone encounter this before? The tray for disc #1 is part way into the changer so it cannot eject and the display reads "No Discs" if I select the changer. The blue button on the changer is useless to eject it in this condition. I tried prying it back in with a little knife but got nowhere fast. Incidentally, the car just had some major work in which the battery was disconnected for some time. Any correlation to this condition? Any help would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have had this problem a couple of times. Unfortunately I had to remove the changer each time - take the cover off and wedge the disc in or out and then plug it back in and see if it works.

Do a search and there is a really good thread about removing the CD changer. Follow the instructions and go slowly and the first time it will probably take you about 40 minutes to remove. When you reassemble, do NOT put the 2 screws in that secure the changer to the panel - the shelf will hold it secure without them. That way when it happens again (and it did to me), it will take you 10 minutes to fix the second time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nuts :crybaby2: Appreciate the tips but I have no time for that today. I will have to wait to remove the changer. I think I might "fix" it with one of those Dice iPod adapter thingies. Found a link for one that claims: no removal of CD changer necessary (plugs into changer harness at the rear of the truck), full control of the iPod from the centre console and steering wheel, charging of the iPod, compatability with every iPod & iPhone made to date. Sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Funny, I just removed the disk magazine for the second time with a screwdriver today!! I have had this problem once before and you can see a disk is half in the magazine and half out. You can push the eject button over and over and it acts like it is doing something, but nothing changes. Push mode button and it says no magazine. The first time it happened I tried everything then I eventually got pissed off enough to wedge a flat head screwdriver between the magazine and the disc changer and pulled it out. I broke one of the disc sleeves in the magazine, but removed that one and put it back in. It did it again today so I did the same, broke the cd in half and pulled the magazine out and replaced it with an Alpine magazine and it works perfect. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You don't need to remove the whole thing to get the cassette out. I've had this several times. Its the cassette that warps when it gets hot. To get it out. Open the cd changer door. Hold down the eject button a hit the cassette a few times with something hard like a screwdriver handle. It'll release the disk and eject. I've had to do it to mine half a dozen times.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think that will work in my case as the tray for disc #1 is still INSIDE the changer. The magazine cannot eject for this reason. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
CombatNinja said:
Nuts :crybaby2: Appreciate the tips but I have no time for that today. I will have to wait to remove the changer. I think I might "fix" it with one of those Dice iPod adapter thingies. Found a link for one that claims: no removal of CD changer necessary (plugs into changer harness at the rear of the truck), full control of the iPod from the centre console and steering wheel, charging of the iPod, compatability with every iPod & iPhone made to date. Sounds pretty good to me.

My CD changer works (for now) but I was thinking about converting mine to an iPod adapter as well. I can't find the compatible DICE product link though... I found this one from Dension but it looks like its an EU only site: http://dension.com/index.php?pageID=231

·
Registered
99 Posts
Another way to fix this is to pull the fuse to the changer and prise the CD back into the cartridge (slide it sideways by using a pointed object on the edge of the CD holder).

·
Registered
19 Posts
tavolcom9 said:
CombatNinja said:

My CD changer works (for now) but I was thinking about converting mine to an iPod adapter as well. I can't find the compatible DICE product link though... I found this one from Dension but it looks like its an EU only site: http://dension.com/index.php?pageID=231
After a little more research I stumbled across the Dice i-RangeRover-T. It's normally $179 on sale for $146 + $7.99 for the 12V to 5V charging capability (used if you have a newer iPod/iPhone) Free shipping and no tax to residents outside of Washington state. Does all the controlling and charging like you mentioned and the site claims to display the artist & song info on the nav screen as well. Seems like you remove the CD changer fuse and loose the ability to use the CD changer.

http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_info. ... cts_id=100

Looks perfect!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts