1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CD Changer & Speaker Upgrade for 1993 Range Rover Classic

Hi,

My 1993 Vogue SE is missing the CD Changer but it does have a 13 PIN round plug under the factory sub in the boot so I am hoping I can just plug and play the correct model straight in?

Could someone with the same Clarion Tape Deck (pic attached) confirm the correct model code for the changer?

It also has 6 speakers (they appear to be 2x5.25" plus 4x4") and a sub (6"?) which I am planning to upgrade but keep the original grills and mounting points, does anyone have any recommendations that are direct replacements for the factory ones? (including the sub)

Thanks

Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: CD Changer & Speaker Upgrade for 1993 Range Rover Classi

Hi Jake,

My '93 had the same deck which was attached to Clarion CD changer model CDC9250. This has the 13 pin connector

Regards

Trevor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Trevor,

I cannot locate an available CDC9250 at present, however the Clarion CDC9350 or Range Rover PRC9033 (made by Clarion) both have 13 pin plugs if anybody could confirm if either of these are also compatible?

Cheers

Jake

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi,
Just in case this is of use to someone else the details around the factory Clarion 7 speaker system I have established so far are
-The factory CD Changer according to the Land Rover parts system is the PRC9033 (same as the p38's so readily available), but as I have a Clarion CDC9350 already on order I will see if that works too (and of course the CDC9250 works as detailed above)
-The Clarion Cassette head unit is part number PRC8920. and the cable to connect this to the CD Changer is part AMR2062
-I replaced the factory Clarion lower front door 5.5" woofer speaker (part AMR2119), with a new Clarion 5.25" woofer which is the same size and fitted the factory mounting points (they came as part of a separate component speaker setup, I just didn't use the tweaters they came with)
-The upper door 4" speaker is part number PRC9145RUN, but these along with the roof mounted ones (part PRC9143) look very similar to those in a Disco 1 which could provide another source for replacement (although not sure if they are exactly the same)
-The Subwoofer is part AMR2001/AMR3455 and contains a 7.5" speaker, while the Subwoofer amp is part AMR2002
-The Speaker amp is a Clarion 25w x 4 unit with part number PRC8738
Just need to remove the head unit next and check the wiring/connections if anybody has any tips on taking this out?
Thanks
Jake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts