RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago, I purchased a new to me L322. Its a 2012 SC, well taken care of, records, 62k miles. Its a bit of an adjustment from my old P38 but mostly in a good way. I have the HK Logic7 stereo with in dash 6 disc changer, apparently by Clarion. I'm getting an "invalid disc" error that was intermittent at first but now seeming permanent. I searched and see its not an unusual problem just don't see any fixes. I'm not sure I want to rip it apart and devote time to attempting to repair a changer that is aging out and doesn't sound great when it does work. I'm thinking a better route might be to upgrade to a newer model that fits the slot and has compatible hookups. Has anyone found a suitable replacement? Even though I'm little disappointed in the sound of the L322 stereo, I want to keep a factory look and feel. So far, turning off the Logic 7 processing has improved things a little, hoping a new CD will do more. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Two days ago, I purchased a new to me L322. Its a 2012 SC, well taken care of, records, 62k miles. Its a bit of an adjustment from my old P38 but mostly in a good way. I have the HK Logic7 stereo with in dash 6 disc changer, apparently by Clarion. I'm getting an "invalid disc" error that was intermittent at first but now seeming permanent. I searched and see its not an unusual problem just don't see any fixes. I'm not sure I want to rip it apart and devote time to attempting to repair a changer that is aging out and doesn't sound great when it does work. I'm thinking a better route might be to upgrade to a newer model that fits the slot and has compatible hookups. Has anyone found a suitable replacement? Even though I'm little disappointed in the sound of the L322 stereo, I want to keep a factory look and feel. So far, turning off the Logic 7 processing has improved things a little, hoping a new CD will do more. Thanks!
Dumb question but necessary: is it a burned disc? If so, is it a copy of a retail disc or a CD with a bunch of MP3 files on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
No, should have clarified commercial CD's, inserted the correct side up.
Re-read your OP and that's actually my exact year and model. As a matter of fact, I have not tried to play a single CD in mine since purchasing in April! I will try to play something tomorrow and see what I get. Two heads are better than one!

One link did look interesting when I was researching the problem. Could this really be it???

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yes - same problem I found with the 2012 I bought back in February of this year.
I'm working my way through other problems with it that have come up - transmission/transfer case splines stripping, A/C compressor (knew about that problem initially), now a IMTV control failure....
That legendary Land Rover quality and reliability.
One of these days, I'll get around to the CD changer issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts