RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my cd changer shows an error on my radio display. The magazine will NOT eject.

Anyone know how to get the magazine out and figure out what the deal is...?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
Th same thing has happened to me3 times in the last 2 months... I'm not sure of the exact cause (maybe hitting a bump while changing between discs?). Hitting the eject button over and over never works for me, so I just take the changer out, remove the housing, and apply a little pressure with a small flat head screwdriver while pushing eject. Works everytime, and takes about 10 minutes (including taking out the changer and putting it back in). Hope that helps! :?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Push in on the cartridge while pressing the eject button, works every time for me. On another rig I have to remember to put the head unit in radio mode prior to ejecting the cartridge or I get an error every time. :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I had the same problem and I've sort it out just last week. Nothing would make it eject. Previous owner said just push it for some time :roll: .

What I did, was I took out the cd unit and opened the upper part of the housing.

There you will see a big sprocket about 6cm in diameter (blue if I am not mistaking). This was the hot spot. 8-0= It was jammed and when I helped it to turn, the magazine was ejected, but only worked if I helped it with my finger.

So I took some white grease (similar to that used in moving electrical parts) and greased is a bit under and on the sprocket. I had to eject it and put it back in and played it for for a while, but now it seems to work great.

Hope this helps! :thumb:

Peter

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried pushing in the magazine and pushing the button but no luck. I guess I will open it up when I get a chance and see if that method works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts