RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Hedman Headers from Summit on a RRC? I've read that they require modification, but cannot seem to find what modification, or how difficult it is. Secondly, are the Janspeed headers (which I believe are a direct mount) still available anywhere?

My cats have ball bearings in them and I'm trying to decide whether to replace the headers along with the Y pipe.

Appreciate the feedback (as always!)!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,414 Posts
visit aluminumv8.com they have shorty headers specially fitting the rover engine.
It would be wise to replace the y pipe or at least weld a new set of catalytic converter during the install of the headers, not only do you save time and money by not doing exhaust work twice in the same area, but you address your original concern of defective cats...or do the cats and then at a later time the headers...

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Just installed Magnaflow ss cats & y-pipes. Very pleased. In fact, her recent emissions inspection came back cleaner than when I first bought her 17 years ago. If you have an SWB, you should order the system for the D1/Defender90, as they don't make one for the SWB. You'll have to cap the secondary O2 fittings, but other than that, they're a direct fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both!

Are these the correct cats:

[h=1] LAND-ROVER DISCOVERY MagnaFlow Direct Fit Catalytic Converters 93691[/h]

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Thank you both!

Are these the correct cats:

LAND-ROVER DISCOVERY MagnaFlow Direct Fit Catalytic Converters 93691
That's correct for the RRC SWB, even though Magnaflow only says Disco/Defender. As I mentioned previously, they're a direct fit, just need to plug the two secondary O2 fittings. If you have a LWB, the part# would be 93696. I ordered mine off of Amazon, and with Prime, "free" expedited delivery to my door. Can't beat it.

Go to post#23 on my y-pipe thread. There are two links to videos with the sound of my complete exhaust, MF SS Y-pipe/Cats, Borla SS cat-back exhaust. One's idling, the other at highway speed. It sounds a bit louder, as I've got some of the carpet insulation ripped out currently and haven't bothered to replace, though I will be using DynaMat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts