RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,
I've got a couple of questions about my exhaust system. It's 05 HSE - BMW engine around 105K miles. The driver side cat started rattling this summer and of course the dealer wants around $2K to replace them, my Firestone guys are directing me to muffler shops so I started doing research on parts & have found a magnaflow cat for $90 each and I got to thinking about just replacing the entire system from the cats back & lo n behold Borla and supposedly Magnaflow also makes a cat back system for the RR but want to ask all of you if these parts will fit. Amazon's system and a few other online parts places, plus magnaflow and Borla all say they will so here are the part numbers & if anyone knows a good exhaust guy in the Boston area - please let me know : )

Magnaflow 99205HM Universal Catalytic Converter

Borla 140054 Fully Polished Cat Back Exhaust

Magnaflow MAG16714 (Same Fit As Part # 16714 )

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I'm from Boston and just had a horrible time getting a sticker on my mustang because of this. I had modded it (all magnaflow) a while ago when it was legal and now it won't pass inspection. Apparently at some point they got a lot more strict with exhaust modifications laws/testing. The car came with 6 cats stock, and the two cats that come with the magnaflow kit weren't cutting the mustard according to the inspection computer. I couldn't get a sticker until I refit the stock cats (thankfully I still had them) and had the car inspected at a special facility. After it passed there I went in for re inspection and got the sticker. Huge fiasco! You may be fine running the magnaflow downpipe with their cats, but you may also run the risk of having inspection issues. It being a rover the cheapest/safest remedy would be to order the parts and have either City Side garage hopkinton or whites auto in framingham do the work. They're the two go to independent land rover shops in the state and this way you'll def pass inspection. All that into account and cats repaired properly you can def get away with having a catback exhaust in this state... I don't recommend molesting the catted section though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts