Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Internet

First post so i'll say a quick hello and thank you.
I bought my 1999 4.6 hse a couple of months ago VERY cheap with an EAS fault and thanks to the search I've managed to get it going (valve block rebuild, replaced knackered driver, manually operating with jumpers, new thermal cutoff in compressor, clearing/calibrating with rsw software) and she drives like a dream. Even though The fact the numptys i bought it off put the pipes from the bags into the wrong holes in the valve block set me back a day (and a new unnecessary EAS ECU!)...
And A thanks for helping me change the o rings in the heater matrix, only to find someone had had a go before me and replaced the screw for the pipes with a hex nut, meaning the only way to remove it was with a socket witch wouldn't fit without a tap from a hammer, cracking the plastic! So had to replace the whole matrix. (bought an 'Allmakes' matrix. it didn't fit properly. AVOID) Those shortcuts are GREAT!

Anyway...
It had its MOT the other day which it breezed through except on emissions. Luckily I've a mechanic who rents a barn on the farm (Dodgy Dave...) who does my MOT's and he kept hitting the abort button. It just scraped through on the 7th test after a lot of revving. The lambers are fine.
Dodgy says its probably the Cats and says don't buy cheap after market steel ones as, though they'll work at first, wont last more than a year as they wont get hot enough and i'll be back at square one. I cant find any OEM ones.

I've bought a can of 'Cataclen'. Does anyone have any experience of this? Does it work? And do the cats on the P38's degrade/has anyone else had to replace them?

Ta, Will

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
Yeah, Amazon reviews, how many of them are written by the manufacturers...
Unless the manufacturers wrote bad reviews, not a lot I'd guess......
Oh well, I tried.

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts