RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walmart has rolled back Castrol GTX to $12 and GTX Highmilage to $13.50 thats dirt cheap compared to auto parts stores

They have it in 10w 40 for our Rovers

Go get it guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
WOULDNT TOUCH ANY CASTROL PRODUCT WITH A BARGE POLE AFTER THEY SHAFTED THE WORK FORCE AT IT,S ELLESMERE PORT PLANT A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT GIVE TWO HOOTS FOR IT,S EMPLOYEES . :evil:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Use it in all my rigs, and has never let me down.
Will have to see what I pay for it with my discount from Advanced......

Turn the Caps off and maybe someone will listen to you Nelly (Not promising, but chances may improve :roll: ).

Martin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry just trying to get the point across that this firm do not give a monkeys about it,s employees a so called british company owened by BP and it shafted the uk workforce no time for companies like that and will not buy any product from any company that does that if more where the same maybe (but i wont hold my breath )they would not be so greedy.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About every company in the world has screwed over its work force and out sourced to China. Perfect example is Walmarts products. In 1994 90% of everything Wally World had on the shelves was made in the USA. Now I would say about 3% of the products are American made and 95% are made in China. The other 2% are South/Central American and Indian (mostly cloths).

Castrol refines a great oil. I have seen how well their High Milage oil works in my Rover. I know for a fact its refined in the states. So the British goverment probbly taxed and regulated BP so bad on their refinery because it isnt in their green agendy BP decided to move its refinery to Texas where they are welcomed with cheap land, low taxes, and a skilled work force that dosnt want to have a union so they dont have to work.

My second pick oil company is Valvoline. My Vette runs VR1, great stuff.

Also Oreiliys Auto Parts has Castrol GTX on sale with a Fram filter for $15.99. But I would just buy the oil at Walmart and go get a good Wix filter from them. WIx builds a very good filter. Fram is crap

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
This is a perfect micro-example of how our economy works...
1) - People prefer (and demand) lower prices, and buy the cheaper priced products over the higher priced products.
2) - To compete in the market where lower price is the prime selling point, suppliers move production to cheaper areas, overseas, cutting employment in the areas where the customers demand lower prices.
3) - Some of the same customers complain that he companies are making product in cheaper countries, where employment is pennies on the dollar (manufacturing area to sales area). Others don't care, because they don't understand how fragile a healthy economy/community is, and what it takes for it to work.

In this case, one person (Dr. Leo) is happy about the low price (nothing wrong with that), and Nelly is expressing sensitivity to the loss of jobs directly related to the "price drop".

Personally, I support the "buy local" idea whenever possible (yet I own a Range Rover & Triumph...so not always. I also own a Harley, GM & Ford), because I feel that all of us (the working class) rely on employment to support our purchasing habits.
Eventually the non-working class (including our government representatives) will realize the tipping point ans have to stop milking this for all they can.

Why can't we expand our demands to our suppliers? Why can't we continue to demand lower price (which they are working to deliver) AND domestic production?

Just an interesting observation... :think:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I think it is called "corporate greed"
I remember taking plant machinery from Ontario and Detroit to Laredo Tx and the like to enable the Mexicans to build the cars for supposed domestic makes. I kept a very close eye on car prices, and not one time did I see a drop in prices. Same thing happened with a Dole juice factory in Florida. Went and picked up some big machinery, dropped it in Pharr,,Tx and the result was no price drop.
What the government needs to do is
A) get rid of NAFTA
b) tax the crap out of US companies that use cheap Mexican/Chinese labor to make their products to sell here.
Kind of sad when foreign car manufacturers have more US labor involved in manufacturing than the supposed "domestic" brands do on a like for like comparison with numbers.
Of course the thieves (government) will never get rid of NAFTA, and as for extra taxes for the big wigs.... :lol:
They HAVE to make it cost effective to keep jobs in this country. Until that happens, nothing is going to change I'm afraid.

Martin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts