RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently purchased RR sport Autobiography 2018 , what i understood this model doesn't support the carplay where you can mirror your mobile screen to car screen and enjoy the apps like google maps etc.

Is there any work around the issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have the same car/year , you can operate car play using USB cable from the console slot. Weird though, it doesn’t have wireless option as of now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Gerag for the reply, Actually i dont have carplay option on the screen. i tried by connecting via USB and Bluetooth but didnt work out.

the dealer said i am missing some hardware which i am not sure of his answer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all!

I do have the same problem Mustafarabie. I have a 2019 HSE and it doesn't support the carplay. My front consol only has 2 usb sockets, no HDMI or SIM plugs... dealers said I cant upgrade the hardware and the current one does not support the carplay. Has anyone found a solution??

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, then you scroll your screen to the left you won’t be able to locate CarPlay icon, correct?
in that case you will need to update you cars SW at dealer, this may help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I found once solution and i am going to copy paste their email :

Here is a link for your model,

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-store/Range-Rover-Velar-InControl-Touch-Pro-Duo-Android-Auto-&-Apple-CarPlay-Integration-upgrade-pack-p143163060

as you don't have AUX port, need to use AUX to USB sound converter,

*the AUX to USB sound converter will make some background noises on high volume without playing music.

unquote

I didn't try myself yet.

Thanks

Hi Mustarafabie,

I also asked them if that product is compatible with range rover sport dual screen and they said yes. Here is the installation guide they sent me, as you can see it only shows the one screen type of multimedia. I dont think I can do all these steps by myself. Let me know if you tried it and if it works!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree Eraslane, i guess it needs to be fixed by one tech guy .

let me know if you purchased it and all Ok.

thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mustafarabie, I haven’t bought that product. I don’t think dealerships would help me get it done and I don’t want to bring my car to any unauthorized car services, it would end the warranty of the car...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi
Any updates or idea of converting wired apple car play to wifi wireless apple CarPlay?
Hi Indie, officially range rover didn't yet make this feature available , i find it strange as well that you still have to connect it with wire. however i have seen a few aftermarket product with small dongle that allow you to enjoy your carplay wirelessly and to be honest did'nt try any .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We don't have the either one so...
Abi Eraslane,

Today i have my carplay installed and activated. as i mentioned earlier our official dealer said not possible. but one garage told me it is possible and explained to me what he will do:

first you need to change the part with two USB slot to the one with simcard, HDMI and two usb slots. the new part no is LR114028 USB PORT the part cost around 400 usd , they installed this part with wiring etc then activated the carplay , it is really amazing . i hope i have helped you with this and if you require further info, pls do let me know .

i hope the above helped you .

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Abi Eraslane,

first you need to change the part with two USB slot to the one with simcard, HDMI and two usb slots. the new part no is LR114028 USB PORT the part cost around 400 usd , they installed this part with wiring etc then activated the carplay , it is really amazing . i hope i have helped you with this and if you require further info, pls do let me know .

i hope the above helped you .
I've been told by Land Rover that this is not possible? They said you need to add the module for this also as it will be missing?
Is it really as you say. As simple as pull out my version with only 2 USB slots and replace it with LR114028 ?
what wiring did they run?

I understand i will need to have the software updated for carplay/android.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been told by Land Rover that this is not possible? They said you need to add the module for this also as it will be missing?
Is it really as you say. As simple as pull out my version with only 2 USB slots and replace it with LR114028 ?
what wiring did they run?

I understand i will need to have the software updated for carplay/android.
Hi JoeZ,

I was told the same by range rover official dealer that it is not possible to add carplay to my car. my car is 2018 RRS Autobiography . i saw same model with same year with car play activated on it. so i was searching over and over until i found one auto garage with their manager has special interest in range rover, he assured me that it is possible and to be honest until i saw it up and running perfectly , i was not sure if he will be able to do it.

now my advise to you first to check with the dealer if similar of your car year and model has car play . if he said yes, I assume that it is possible for sure. you just need to find the right place to do it . and yes, the guy has upgraded to Incntrol touch pro( which similar cars has it as well).

i hope the above helpful .

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
20 Posts
Since you are from UAE, what is the name of the Garage? and can he update the cruise system with the new one where is keeps the car in the middle of the lane?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since you are from UAE, what is the name of the Garage? and can he update the cruise system with the new one where is keeps the car in the middle of the lane?
Tankid,

I have no clue on the cruse control system however you can go Swiss Auto in al quze, ask for Dinu and make sure he is the one checking and giving you a solution , he is quite knowledgeable on range rover. the one your want called departure lane assistance not cruse system.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
20 Posts
Tankid,

I have no clue on the cruse control system however you can go Swiss Auto in al quze, ask for Dinu and make sure he is the one checking and giving you a solution , he is quite knowledgeable on range rover. the one your want called departure lane assistance not cruse system.
Thank you for your reply. I meant the Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, since mine only has Adaptive Cruise Control without the steering assist which I think is only programmable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts