Range Rovers Forum banner

CarPlay in 2020 Range Rover Evoque SE

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DzoniS 
#1 ·
I just got my 2020 Evoque. The two touch screens will take some getting used to.

But has anyone figured out how to turn CarPlay OFF once it has taken over the upper screen? I would like to be able to go to the RR admin settings or - gasp - even use their GPS but I cannot see how to turn CarPlay OFF once it has been launched.

#2 ·
I was lent an Evoque by a dealer yesterday, whilst my RRS was being serviced. Getting out of Carplay confused me too. But, I found that on the bottom right of the screen, it showed a button containing a series of small squares. If you pressed that, it took you to the Carplay home page, with the various apps. LR was shown as an app, and took you back to the normal interface.

Quite liked the vehicle, though I think I’d prefer a bit more power than the one we were lent.

#3 ·
I am in LA where we never get to go over 20 MPH, so power doesn't really matter, but I get the comment.

As for the CarPlay, when I tap that, all it does it toggle between CarPlay layouts. It doesn't let me exit CarPlay. Only separating the phone from the lightning cable brings me the LR setting screen.

While I like the car very much, the layout of the two touch screens are terrible. I can only hope the some future update makes them cohesive or at least logical. It is like the people that designed those screens and menus never once looked at an iPhone to figure out how menus should work. But still, far better than my 2017 Jag.

Thanks for a reply. I'll keep poking.

#4 ·
You can exit CarPlay by tapping on the LandRover APP icon in your CarPlay home screen. If it's not on the 1st screen, trying swiping left to the 2nd or 3rd screen (if you have that many CarPlay capable apps). That'll exit CarPlay and take you back to the standard JLR home screen.

Reactions: BeccaGT
#5 ·
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I did not notice the LR app in the CP screen at all, but will look this afternoon.

I am still very disappointed in the flow and operations of the dual touch screens. It isn't well thought out at all but hoping an update will fix it. I have a bunch of suggestions but I have a feeling if I wrote it up it would disappear down a black hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.