RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having issues with Carplay and incoming calls? When I pick up an incoming call using Carplay I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me. I can call out with no problems and can hear the person I am calling. There are no problems when receiving calls using RR Bluetooth without Carplay. My phone also works fine with Carplay in other vehicles. Just had the latest software upgrades aswell.

My research says this is a common problem across manufacturers but I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same problem.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
I am having this same issue when I call my wife while she's in the car. It seems to be intermittent, but I'll ask her to test out if it is only when she's connected to CarPlay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I am having the same issue since updating my iphone to the 12.3 software. Everything was fine before that. Hopefully they fix it in the 12.4 release

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
+1, same here in both my Sport and the full size.
As I mentioned somewhere else, at this point my wife and I communicate via facetime audio when either of us is in the car. That works flawlessly every time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
there is a glitch in programming. when you receive the call the reason they can hear you and you cannot hear them is the phone is not linking to the car audio system the call is being receive from the handset only if you pick it up you will see the call is as if you were not linked to bluetooth.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is for me. I'm running 12.3.1 and its still happening. This happened maybe 9-12 months ago when apple released a new version (I forget which one) and it was fixed in the next software release. Hopefully thats the same case this time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I updated as well to 12.03.1, however after the update I had even more issues. The fix for me was to delete RR from carplay on the iphone, then reset network settings on the iPhone (Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings) then plug iphone back into RR so it finds carplay again. All Good Now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone who responded. Fingers crossed this is fixed soon!

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I have an '17 RRS and just received carplay yesterday after getting updates and other normal maintenance done. I have to say I was not expecting to be able to get carplay but I am looking forward to seeing if it is worth it.

As for phone calls I received 1 call this morning and experienced the same thing. But I have had this issue whenever my phone is connected to the truck with a wire. I just assumed that the wire connection is overriding the bluetooth connection and not a carplay issue.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
6/9/2019 TOPIx - SSM74417 - Voice cannot be heard during a received telephone call

Reference SSM74417

Models Discovery / L462
New Range Rover Evoque / L551
Range Rover / L405
Range Rover Sport / L494
Range Rover Velar / L560

Title Voice cannot be heard during a received telephone call

Category Electrical

Last modified 16-May-2019 00:00:00

Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems

Content Issue: Apple devices with iOS version 12.2 may experience any of the following concerns when
connected to the infotainment system using the USB cable and CarPlay mode active.

1. When a call is received the driver cannot hear the third party caller although the caller can hear the
driver with USB cable connected. If the cable is disconnected during the call the third party may then
hear the driver.

2. Possible satellite navigation map display concerns with USB cable connected.

Cause: Potential Apple software related concern.

Action: The concern appears to have occurred since the release of iOS 12.2, please contact Apple
support or visit an Apple store for further advice.
Note: Please do not replace the Infotainment Master Controller or related components for the above
concern unless otherwise directed by Land Rover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So they simply pass the buck that it’s an Apple issue. Maybe they should call
Mercedes, Maserati or Bentley and ask them how to develop software since I have no issue on those cars. If it were an Apple issue you would think other autos would be affected. Just saying. ✌

1 - 20 of 36 Posts