RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of like a train wreck. You just have to look even though its horrible.

bought a 89 RRC for the engine and decided to part it all out.

heres what happened. The water pump completely broke off the front of the engine. The motor mounts where broke, the engine torqued over and caught the radiator and Ka-Boom. Two peice front cover.

then it made it to this stage

and then

rovers can fly....

i do have a lot of parts left over if anyone is looking for anything.
so far the wheels, bumper, tailgate and engine are spoken for. I sold a couple small interior do-dads but have a lot left over yet.
-upper lift gate in pretty decent shape
-Tranny - 80k miles and was working great when pulled
-BW Transfer case - 80k miles and working great when pulled
- seats
- head light grills
- complete axels (will seperate parts)
- interior peices
- power steering box
- and more

let me know of you want anything.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Bfore folks start listing a mile of parts wanted how about if you post a listing in the sale/wanted section for your bits.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it just me... or is anyone else as horrified that what appears to be a perfectly good shell, not to mention bonnet got trashed !!!

Oh the pain, the pain Wil Robinson.............. :crybaby2:

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Your going to be struck down for scrapping a truck that could be repaired!!! This isnt a Branco or some other dime a dozen truck. That thing was in very good shape. Why did you scrap it? You get what? $300 for it. :naughty:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was not in very good shape at all. Once i dig into it, I was surpirse it was even still sitting on the frame. Every single pannel had rust holes in them. every floor pan was rotted thru. the rocker panels were litterally gone. The kick panels were eaten about half way up. the hood braces had rotten out and the whole thing was flexing. The rear wheel wells... you could throw a basketball thru. The back halfs of the front wheel wells where almost missing. The frame had a rust whole I could fit my fist thru.... the entire thing was like this and well beyond repair. I do classic hot rot/muscle car restoration as a second career with a couple business partners and I know when to call it quits on something. This one was at that point of no return. Thats why I scrapped it! and no I didn't get $300,... I got $120. i would have gotten more if it all did fall apart into dust on the trailer

This one sacrafied its life to keep my Orignal GDE on the road. So, Its life wasn't in vein.

Oh and Bronco's... not dime a dozen. I've had 6 (restored 2 of those) of them and they go for WAY more money than these things.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why didn't you simply state all this to begin with... ? :eek:
The basketball sized hole in the rear wheel wells - any pics :?:

Cheers

PS - I don't want a Bronco..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts