RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out today looking for ideas for storage in the cargo area - something to fill the small open space on the right -

Decided to go with a camera bag (Bet Buy $29) - held in by velcro - it fits great and has several pockets -

Also, I really like the RR Bumper protector - It stops my dog's nails from scratching the bumper -

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 9.13.12 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 9.13.23 PM.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Re: Cargo Storage Solution and Cargo fold out bumper protector

Since you are in LA, you should make that camera bag into your earthquake kit. I have a backpack with emergency supplies in my suv ... except it got taken out of the suv and never put back in! Need to go through it and refresh the supplies. At least I do have some sturdy flip-flops in the trunk, as I wouldn't get too far in high heels.

The bumper protector does look good. I don't think our little dog can even jump that high!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yeah, i need to do the earthquake kits too - for the kids cars, for the house... welcome to LA

Since you are in LA, you should make that camera bag into your earthquake kit. I have a backpack with emergency supplies in my suv ... except it got taken out of the suv and never put back in! Need to go through it and refresh the supplies. At least I do have some sturdy flip-flops in the trunk, as I wouldn't get too far in high heels.

The bumper protector does look good. I don't think our little dog can even jump that high!

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,444 Posts

Not a bad idea to prepare the earthquake kit. Here in NorCal, we recently had a pretty good shaker in Sonoma, 40 miles away.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Although we're not in earthquake territory here in Connecticut, I was also thinking about storage options. I'm getting a 2015 in December, but have been considering what things I can do. I'm actually going to consider taking out the spare tire and having something custom built in that space. From the looks of it, it's a great place to store the 'emergency' stuff that you always want to have with you.

Just food for thought.

Camera bag was a good idea!

·
Registered
288 Posts

I went out today looking for ideas for storage in the cargo area - something to fill the small open space on the right -

Decided to go with a camera bag (Bet Buy $29) - held in by velcro - it fits great and has several pockets -

Also, I really like the RR Bumper protector - It stops my dog's nails from scratching the bumper -

View attachment 92738 View attachment 92746

How do you like the loadspace liner? I ordered one and I have yet to put it in my vehicle. I'm not sure if I would actually need to use it. I have no pets. Any toughts?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

are you referring to the rubber mat? it's ok - gets the job done - i prefer the look of the carpet, but with dog the mat is more practical -

How do you like the loadspace liner? I ordered one and I have yet to put it in my vehicle. I'm not sure if I would actually need to use it. I have no pets. Any toughts?

·
Registered
207 Posts

are you referring to the rubber mat? it's ok - gets the job done - i prefer the look of the carpet, but with dog the mat is more practical -
Just a thought. In my SUV now (and I'll do this to my RRS when it comes in), I had a piece of 1/2" plywood cut to fit the contours of the loadspace. I brought it to a carpet store and had them wrap it in carpet that perfectly matched my car's interior. Looks great, gives you the carpet feel, but also protects the original carpeted trunk (I had it sprayed with some stain resistant stuff). It also comes out easily to be vacuumed. In addition, you can build in a small box, etc. and also have it carpeted. Looks amazing and adds some great cargo space.

I'm crazy about keeping my cars clean, so ignore this post if you're already rolling your eyes. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts

I think I like the look of the carpet too...

·
Registered
288 Posts

Just a thought. In my SUV now (and I'll do this to my RRS when it comes in), I had a piece of 1/2" plywood cut to fit the contours of the loadspace. I brought it to a carpet store and had them wrap it in carpet that perfectly matched my car's interior. Looks great, gives you the carpet feel, but also protects the original carpeted trunk (I had it sprayed with some stain resistant stuff). It also comes out easily to be vacuumed. In addition, you can build in a small box, etc. and also have it carpeted. Looks amazing and adds some great cargo space.

I'm crazy about keeping my cars clean, so ignore this post if you're already rolling your eyes. :)
Did you have any pics.. Seems neat.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Did you have any pics.. Seems neat.
I could take pics, but it's in my Tahoe, not in a RRS (haven't gotten it yet). However, I did it for an old X5 and full size RR. It looks amazing and is super practical. In my RR, I had someone build a long box that opened with a key lock. The carpeting store covered everything with black berber carpet. Looks completely custom for less than $500.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts