RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cargo Net for Side of Trunk (Not Bottom) or a way to use the small cubby area??

I've read where some have wanted a cargo net for the trunk to attach on the side (not bottom). Wondered if anyone found something like this or decided to rig it? I would love a place to throw small things so they won't roll around. I saw some smaller canvas box things but would rather not take up trunk space. Also saw someone considering an aftermarket container to fit in the right niche opening (supposedly for golf clubs to fit)...anyone have anything that works for them? Thanks!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Re: Cargo Net for Side of Trunk (Not Bottom) or a way to use the small cubby area??

I remember seeing something in the accessories catalog. JLR sells a security box (safe?) that goes into that empty space. It looks like a metal box with a key. I don't know what it's called exactly. Check the accessories PDF or brochure.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,445 Posts
Re: Cargo Net for Side of Trunk (Not Bottom) or a way to use the small cubby area??

I had on my wishlist to make a door for the storage indentation on the right side to store small items. LR should have thought of that. Actually, the sales guy told me it was for the head or handles of golf clubs to enable to allow them to fit sideways in the back compartment with the seatbacks up.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
470 Posts

LR has thought of that in the past. My L322 had nets on either side of the boot, covering a similar cutout. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out a way to mount one here.

image.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

383vett - I would love to have one of those if you ever decide to build it. Would be so handy. I'll see about rigging the net option for now.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts

Check generic companies like JC Whitney and autopartswarehouse.com. I;ve purchased cargo nets for all sorts of cars and applications over the years. They come in all shapes and sizes and have mounting hardware.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks RRToadHall - I am on it. Thanks for the referral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts