RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my '09 RRSC was totaled I was given the opportunity to take my personal items out of the car, and of course I took the cargo cover (and the deep pile carpets with the metal corners, and cup holder inserts) with me, because I know that cargo covers are not available, and those carpets are amazing and pricey.

Fast forward, I bought a 2012 RRSC, and it came without a cargo cover, as it seems most used RR's do. I tried to fit the cover from my '09, and it's not a perfect fit. It's perfect side to side, but lengthwise, it seems too long for the 2012, and the pegs at the front don't line up. This is bizarre to me. The 2012 RRSC has reclining rear seats, is that the reason?
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
you will have to trim the front edge off the cover and change the position of the front pins,
then get some edge trim and fix it in place to dress the cut edge.
cut about 1.0 inch off the front edge

the recline seat version has a slightly smaller cover to deal with the seats in the reclined position thats the way i did it to fit a non reclining seats cover to my 2010

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds pretty straightforward, thank you. How did you move the location of the front pegs?

After this latest modification my cover have will have seen it all, as I first had to change it's color from sand to black when I got it- very easily done with fabrics spray paint. Looks OEM. But now with this next modification, I wonder if it might have been easier to just fabricate one from scratch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts