RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has a fix for a noisy cargo cover aside from leaving it in the house. mine rattles with even the slightest bump.... doesen't matter if it's extended or not.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts
What would be better than these fancy rattling retractable covers is what you find on budget SUVs which is just a fabric cover held up by bungee cords on all four corners.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be better than these fancy rattling retractable covers is what you find on budget SUVs which is just a fabric cover held up by bungee cords on all four corners.
Agreed..... Well I guess it's going in the house then.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
A strip of Velcro fuzz or adhesive felt in the receivers stops the "rattle" and hold the roller nice a firm.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A strip of Velcro fuzz or adhesive felt in the receivers stops the "rattle" and hold the roller nice a firm.
I put weather sealing foam strip at the ends where the cover seats and still get the rattle. Part of the rattle is unfortunately internal to the housing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put weather sealing foam strip at the ends where the cover seats and still get the rattle. Part of the rattle is unfortunately internal to the housing.
PRECISELY!!!!

It's the spring mechanism in the housing that creates the rattle. This is my guess as it's a tin like rattle. At first I thought it was the tools in the tool tray so I removed everything in the cargo area. That's when I realized it's the cover.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I wonder if anyone has tried rewinding it? It's nothing more than a big roll up window blind. I know folks over on the Daytona forums have done so.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm... Do you mean tightenning it up? This would involve opening the housing no?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts