Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a range rover 2010 with smart key. My problem is its started one day and then the engine just stopped and now it wont recognize the keys both of them and it wont start. This is what i have done

changed battery in the car and the remotes still no luck
checked all fuses and still no luck
tried to plug diagnostic machine but it wont go on ignition so cant plug computer

when we changed the battery the whole dash went alive for a while this was the only time but for a short time only when we where putting the new battery

so is there some sort of electrical problem of sort can any one help me

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Don't you still have a valid factory warranty on a MY2010? Unrecognized Smart Key issues were very common on early build 2010s and new keys and/or control modules were often required. Take her to a dealer and let them figure it out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
umbertob thanks for the info i dont have warrenty any more on the unit as its gray market import the problem also its at the dealer and they cant figure it out also i'll tell them that it maybe the control module as you reccomend and see what they say is there anything else that could be wrong aside from this just incase so i can inform the dealler i am getting frustrated with them as they can't figure it out and they are a dealer what help are they nothing no help need info like this to give them so they can rule it out if any one else have more ideas feel free to give it thanks a million guys

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Umbertob
i just got word from the dealer and they said this are the parts i need to change BCM, instrument pack and keyless vehicle module are this parts all interconnected and would this make sense to be the problem of my range or can it be the instrument pack as it was repaired i found out before it was sold to me do you think it got damaged and this is the problem of my range not starting so should i start to change the instrument pack first then see if this works what do you think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
umberton

here is the problem my range says key not detected when i try to start it even after i try to put the key in the bottom dash part now the dealer is telling me that its the key module needs to be changed i need to know if i buy a used one in ebay or a new one both ebay does this need to be a vin dependent part do i need to buy one and have it exactly specific for my range or is it plug and play module and any computer can make it work on my range need your expertice on this thanks so much for your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.