RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, and after receiving some flack from friends. What do you guys call your Range Rover?
I usually just call it my truck or the rover. Cant bring my self to say SUV all the time.

One buddy suggested I call it a "High End Luxury SUV" Every time. Seems to cachy for me.

What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I always refer to them by their model number or as a "rig".

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model number is probably the easiest one to say in normal conversation, I'd say

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
321 Posts
I find a lot of people starting to call their SUVs "trucks" in the US...slightly bothers me...REALLY annoys my wife to hear people say it. I normally say rig or make/model...like, "take the Rover, not the Ford"...my F350 is my truck, the Rover is not.

·
Registered
280 Posts
...buddies at work refer to Rover as the Giraffe Chaser...that name has stuck and I now have decals that say "Giraffe Chasin' Edition" applied...:)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
I call mine IamBetterThanYouBecaueIdriveThemostAwesomeonroadandoffroadLuxuryvehicleeverwhichismuchbetterthanthepieceofCrapYouDrive

But call it my Rover (on road) or Rig (off road) for ease.

Sometimes my P38 goes by PITA, but I throw time and $$ at it and it goes back to its long title.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I call mine THE GREEN ROVER
I refer to it as a truck because it is on a truck frame
A rig is a semi truck and a suv is a 4 wheel drive car.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
203 Posts
We used to call ours a car, because it is, but now its known as 'The Money Pit'!!

A Truck is a vehicle with a flat-bed on the back for carrying heavy loads, and a 'Rig' is is a male horse that is carrying either one or two testicles concealed in its abdomen, making it visually appear to be a gelding, while behaving like a stallion. These horses are medically described as a cryptorchid, literally meaning “hidden testicle”.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,131 Posts
We used to call ours a car, because it is, but now its known as 'The Money Pit'!!

A Truck is a vehicle with a flat-bed on the back for carrying heavy loads, and a 'Rig' is is a male horse that is carrying either one or two testicles concealed in its abdomen, making it visually appear to be a gelding, while behaving like a stallion. These horses are medically described as a cryptorchid, literally meaning “hidden testicle”.
------------- :shock:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,522 Posts
A RangeRover is more than a car.

A "truck" denigrates it, as does the word "rig" which is used more for commercial container or lumber hauling.

SUV? yuck!

Another word I have heard here in the UK is a "crossover". What does that mean? Crosses over the central reservation?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
203 Posts
A RangeRover is more than a car.

A "truck" denigrates it, as does the word "rig" which is used more for commercial container or lumber hauling.

SUV? yuck!

Another word I have heard here in the UK is a "crossover". What does that mean? Crosses over the central reservation?
Yeah, what is a 'crossover'? Is it a car that cant decide what it is? Same as 'urban proofed'!!

Couple of months back I had a rental from Hertz for the weekend, and it was an 'Urban Proofed' Nissan Juke! NEVER AGAIN! What a heap of c**p! It has a button on the dash for 'Sport':-? and 'Urban' mode. When you hit the Sport mode it changes a dashboard display to a G-Force Meter! The only way I could get the G-Force meter to even flicker was to stand on the brakes!! And when you go into Urban mode the display changes to MPG and the car slows itself down, like as if someone had pulled two plug leads off!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts