RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got to the low 20's the other day here in Jersey...and I started the car up and warmed it up. Went to the local supermarket and upon return...turned the car on once more after about 45 minutes. The temp gauge was below C....so I waited maybe about 2 minutes before starting to drive. The vents were blowing warm-hot air....and everytime I pressed on the gas pedal I heard the engine fan reving at progressive speeds. Strangely....after driving for about 4 minutes or so, the temp guage never rised up to the middle and I continued to hear the engine fan progressively increasing speed as I press on the gas. I turned off and turned the engine off.

Turned the engine back on after 10 minutes....everything went back to normal where by immediately the temp guage is now above C (not quite in the middle) but above C. No engine fan sound.

What is going on? Temp sensor? Am I crazy?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I don't know how many senders there are and where they are located without poking around, but I'm guessing there is one for the temp gauge, ECU, driver's rectal temp and probably 42 other places in this vehicle :D. Its possible the temp gauge sender was acting up esp if the coolant hose was hot and the temp gauge was indicating cold. Or maybe the thermostat was stuck open and the engine just ran colder longer. On modern cars the thermostat usually opens @190F to direct coolant to the radiator. Until then you should notice a steady rise in the temp gauge while the coolant bypasses the radiator. Next time the temp gauge doesn't move check the temp of the coolant hose near the top of the radiator with your hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts