RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this morning i went to my buddy's shop and we attempted to start, which it did after giving it a boost. The car started up fine but after a couple minutes the car stalled and i tried to give it another jump with my bmw and it just wouldn't turn over. I checked with an obd2 reader and the car has 3 Fault Codes for Camshaft position sensor bank A, Transmission sensor A (cant remember it exactly) and a code for the MAF. my question is the car was running perfectly fine before, other than having to jump it every few times, that being said could a bad battery be the cause of all these issues i'm having? Since the car was running perfectly before i had it towed to this other shop.

Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
321 Posts
Hello, this morning i went to my buddy's shop and we attempted to start, which it did after giving it a boost. The car started up fine but after a couple minutes the car stalled and i tried to give it another jump with my bmw and it just wouldn't turn over. I checked with an obd2 reader and the car has 3 Fault Codes for Camshaft position sensor bank A, Transmission sensor A (cant remember it exactly) and a code for the MAF. my question is the car was running perfectly fine before, other than having to jump it every few times, that being said could a bad battery be the cause of all these issues i'm having? Since the car was running perfectly before i had it towed to this other shop.

Thanks
Sounds like the camshaft position sensor is failing and you've been getting lucky over your last few trips. When that starts acting up then the ECU doesn't know when to fire the injectors, etc. which will prevent the engine from running.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Wouldn't turn over means that the engine did not spin, in my world. Is that the case?
And until you have a fully functional electrical system, all bets are off as far as diagnostics go.
Give the poor girl a new battery if that what she needs, then reset the codes, then check

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
which battery would you recommend on a budget?
You do know you own a Range Rover right? A European luxury vehicle by the way.
The word "Budget" and "Range Rover" rarely belong in the same paragraph, never mind the same sentence.
Easy to figure out though.....
Buy a cheap battery and potentially keep having the same issues, then buy another one in too soon a time,
Buy a decent one now and move on with your life.
Sell it to someone who can actually look after it.
Park it and let it rot.

Pick one.

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
417 Posts
I have used this one and it fits well ,works good.
EverStart Maxx Lead Acid Automotive Battery, Group Size 27.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts