RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask a quick question. I noticed that when the car is parked whether on or off when you are looing at it tilts to the driver side. Everything else seems fine. No fault messages etc. When I had the car in last for new sway bar bushings I asked them to look at it and they said it seemed fine.

Am I being over picky? Do they tend to drift one way or another because of these suspensions? Its off by my calculations of about .5".

Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Sounds about normal...are you sure the ground is perfectly level?

:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow, u can tell its sitting crooked when its off by 0.5" ( a little over a centimeter)........amazing eyes .......gotta be bionic. 8-0=

In any case, i think mine is sitting crooked by a FEW inches towards the passenger side. i am having it checked and let u know........

By the way , u = you in case the ukraine boy reads this post.......... :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I have it in my garage on the cement floor which is pretty much perfectly level it leans to the left. With any of my other cars they sit perfectly level so I know its not the floor. I measured it by using the distance from the top of the tire to the fender in the exact same spot on both rear wheels.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Level problems are common as the truck ages. Is it level in "exit/entry" mode. If not, probably a bad, or bent sensor. Hit any big pot holes?
If yes, it may be correction for something heavy (in the driver seat) during normal running which, upon exit from the vehicle, the truck does not re-level after it is turned off.
Have someone look at the truck from outside with you in it and the engine on in normal ride height. With the engine on the truck tries to level for the load. With engine off, and load removed, it may sit at an uncompensated angle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
aljus said:
wow, u can tell its sitting crooked when its off by 0.5" ( a little over a centimeter)........amazing eyes .......gotta be bionic. 8-0=

In any case, i think mine is sitting crooked by a FEW inches towards the passenger side. i am having it checked and let u know........

By the way , u = you in case the ukraine boy reads this post.......... :lol:
I realize how busy we all are so it's perfectlly understandable to want to shave 0.8 seconds off of your post time by omitting the y and the o. Then again, you have errand boys so you should have all the time in the world.

Back on topic, mine will sit crooked but self levels as I walk away - I hear the bags releasing a small amount of air but only when i'm in driving height.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just went through the same thing on my '06 HSE. The right side was lower by 5/8" and it was easy(to me) to spot from front or back. It was like this no matter what height mode I was in. A few months ago I had the rear height sensors replaced the and dealer did a height re-cal, but it was still off by 5/8".

Took it back to them last week and they did a recal and all is well now. There was almost never any air activity when parked, so I figured it was a height adjustment problem from the start. Why they didn't fix it properly on the last cal is beyond me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually looking at the Rover last night and I noticed that when my Fiance pulled the car in the garage the ride height was perfect and as soon as she shut it off, the car made the "fart" sound and instantly dropped and leaned to the left like I noticed it does when its off. Going down the road the height is good.

What needs fixed if it is doing that?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
07RRSportSC said:
...instantly dropped and leaned to the left...
Your car is a liberal :(

Mine leans a bit too. As long as its not excessive, and the ride height is normal when the car is on I would not worry about this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dammit, mine's doing this now and it's really noticeable. Seems to only be happening in the back though? Is this something they're gonna charge me to fix? I'm already paying them $900 for front pads and rotors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also mine's only doing it on the right rear side. Would this still be a calibration issue or a blown sensor?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Unless you're getting suspension faults and extended mode scenarios it is most likely a calibration issue IMO. Probably an hour or two shop labor, but free underwarranty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
CB08 said:
Dammit, mine's doing this now and it's really noticeable. Seems to only be happening in the back though? Is this something they're gonna charge me to fix? I'm already paying them $900 for front pads and rotors.
i wish people would do a little research before shelling out tons of money just because they're told to. Brakes have been done for years by independent shops all over the place. hell, if you're mechanical enough you can do them yourself. newer cars these days don't even need the lines to be bled. you can get a set of new rotors online for 350 and pads for under 100.

anywho, sorry to get off topic. IMO if you're not getting any faults then i think you should be fine. mine "farts" every time i get out of the car and leans towards the drivers side in the rear. (the ground is perfectly level so i know it's not that.) Now after reading that many of you have the same problem it sounds to me like just a manufacturer's glitch. "Just one of those things." After starting the car the compressor turns on and it's leveled. Now if this were to happen while driving then you've got a whole other issue on your hands as well as a safety concern. In that case i'd raise hell at the dealer. after being burned at the dealer for work that they apparently couldn't do right the first time, i try to stay clear of that place as much as possible! ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not nearly mechanically inclined enough to do my own brake job, that's why I'm still here to type this. As far as buying the pads and rotors online, if there's one thing I've learned it's that I'm kind of more of a dealership guy when my RRS needs servicing and I doubt my local dealership, being the money hungry folks that they are, would take too kindly to me bringing my own. I've only got one local indy shop and still haven't heard anything about their work, so until then I'm stuck paying dealer prices for my own sanity.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CB08 said:
I'm not nearly mechanically inclined enough to do my own brake job, that's why I'm still here to type this. As far as buying the pads and rotors online, if there's one thing I've learned it's that I'm kind of more of a dealership guy when my RRS needs servicing and I doubt my local dealership, being the money hungry folks that they are, would take too kindly to me bringing my own. I've only got one local indy shop and still haven't heard anything about their work, so until then I'm stuck paying dealer prices for my own sanity.
CB08, that's fine. Sometimes a DIY mistake can easily make paying the dealership prices look cheap. I was in a rush and forgot to tighten up my lug nuts on one wheel a few years ago after doing my brakes. When I noticed, only two of four lugnuts were still on there :doh: . I would suggest trying out the indie with certain smaller things like pad replacement, just so you can see how they do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts