RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see if anyone has a car seat in the middle of their RRS? Currently have two in my x5m. Front facing behind the passenger and a rear facing infant in the middle. I'm worried that when its time to turn a full sized car seat in the middle the hump by the headrest would get in the way of the car seat sitting back all the way. I'm planning on another Diono Radian RXT and would prefer that to be in the middle. Main reason being when there is another passenger in the rear, its easier for them to sit by the window as opposed to squeezing to the middle. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had 2 front facing seats on my truck but switched to one booster + one front facing a few months ago. Both allowed enough room for middle seat. Passenger had no issue going over the car seat to get into the middle. It's high enough to maneuver.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
290 Posts
That’s quite interesting. I never thought about the headrest as it’s not removable.

On my MY2016 V8SC Dynamic it was fixed and integrated into the seat. I just realized the 2018 SVR has a removable centre head rest. Got lucky with that one! I have to get 3 into my car. I too use the diono’s. They are great!

You can tilt your seat back more and put some memory foam behind the seat?
If you’re close to a booster you can also push the booster into the middle seat so it’s easier/more for the passenger. I would do that when I needed to carry 5. Keep in mind if you do that. You’ll probably have to help your kid with the belt more as the seat belt receiver folds into the cars seats.

Or ignore all the tips and use this as an excuse with your wife to upgrade to the SVR? lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going back and forth for like a week deciding between the auto and the svr. Then the dealership talked me out of the auto and ordered the dynamic. Figured with the crank pulley and ecu it would be close enough. I know its not going to be as fast as my x5m but if its close I'm happy. Hope I don't regret it! :) Regarding the middle seat now, I'm not sure what to do. My daughter is 2 and a half and by the time my son is going to need front facing seat she'll be almost 4. Height wise, shes 36" now so I'm sure she'll be fine in a booster but even still I don't think it'll fit in the middle. I wish that hump was removable lol ... Maybe I'm wrong and it'll still fit over the hump but its not looking good. I guess worst case is that both seats go behind the seats and someone squeezes in the middle. There are tethering anchors in the middle seat so its not like LR didn't account for a car seat being in the middle :dunno:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was going back and forth for like a week deciding between the auto and the svr. Then the dealership talked me out of the auto and ordered the dynamic. Figured with the crank pulley and ecu it would be close enough. I know its not going to be as fast as my x5m but if its close I'm happy. Hope I don't regret it! :) Regarding the middle seat now, I'm not sure what to do. My daughter is 2 and a half and by the time my son is going to need front facing seat she'll be almost 4. Height wise, shes 36" now so I'm sure she'll be fine in a booster but even still I don't think it'll fit in the middle. I wish that hump was removable lol ... Maybe I'm wrong and it'll still fit over the hump but its not looking good. I guess worst case is that both seats go behind the seats and someone squeezes in the middle. There are tethering anchors in the middle seat so its not like LR didn't account for a car seat being in the middle :dunno:
Topaz! Change the order!!!!
I’ve had my son in a booster (backless booster)and the hump wasn’t that big of an issue as it’s only a bit higher. The headrest was my major concern as it really sticks out and affects the angle of the car seat. Most cars has removable head rests. Does the dealer know (or someone on the forum) if the middle is removable?

Your daughter should be okay to fit into a booster. But I’d totally understand if you wanted to keep using the Diono as long as you can? I believe it’s safer?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, the way I am I prob will change my mind if they have one in stock when my car comes in. Also sorry for the confusion but when I stated hump, I meant the fixed headrest. I do no think its removable

Topaz! Change the order!!!!
I’ve had my son in a booster (backless booster)and the hump wasn’t that big of an issue as it’s only a bit higher. The headrest was my major concern as it really sticks out and affects the angle of the car seat. Most cars has removable head rests. Does the dealer know (or someone on the forum) if the middle is removable?

Your daughter should be okay to fit into a booster. But I’d totally understand if you wanted to keep using the Diono as long as you can? I believe it’s safer?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Hi guys,
You can order a custom rear bench from land Rover with Isofix for all three seats to allow for three children seat plugged into the back.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do you mean something like this?
https://multimac.co.uk/range

It’s a pretty cool concept. But we aren’t allowed this in Canada. :(

I say I wouldn’t order one cause of the price. But then I think more and yes for sure I would get one! Lol. Just gotta wait till it’s legal in Canada!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do it, there is no issue except the top tether strap needs to be aligned so it doesn't slip between the seats. I don't know which model Britax we have but it is up to 70 lb. child. Regards, Chris.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do it, there is no issue except the top tether strap needs to be aligned so it doesn't slip between the seats. I don't know which model Britax we have but it is up to 70 lb. child. Regards, Chris.
would you happen to have any pictures of this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts