RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my 2018 RRS DYN SV updated with the new 18C firmware and Apple Car Play. While Car Play works, it doesn't perform as well as I've seen it do on rental cars is used in the past. When I plug my cell phone into the car, Car Play launches and almost always goes to my IM screen. It won't let me select out of it or go to the main Car Play Screen unless I do so on the phone itself. Is there a setting I'm missing on the phone or car? I'd like to be able to get in and out of Car Play easily without dealing with the phone at all. (That's the point isn't it?)

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Carplay (specs) on iOS 12+ define that upon startup, the user must be taken to the last used screen/app they used when CarPlay was last connected.
I don't understand the other half of your question. What do you mean you cannot get out of the screen? You don't have the shortcut icons on the left, and the menu on the top?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know about the specs. RE: icons, there is a menu to the left of my screen but there is no reaction on any button press. Also, no menu on top.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
overall, touches inside carplay are unusual. shortly touching an icon sort of blinks it, but there's no other reaction. try to hold your finger on the chosen icon for a full second - see if that helps.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
So I had my 2018 RRS DYN SV updated with the new 18C firmware and Apple Car Play.
WHy 18C when 18D has been out for about 3 weeks? 18D is a vast improvement and solves many of bugs in 18C. I would contact your dealer and ask why they didn't install the latest update.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How can I update the firmware to install CarPlay without going to the dealer?
I have a 2018 RR sport Dynamic. Dealer hasn’t contacted me at all to even inform me it was available.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
How can I update the firmware to install CarPlay without going to the dealer?
you can probably sign up with Land Rover to become an authorized repair shop, purchase the equipment, go through the training and finally get access to the software update stream. So this path might be a bit time consuming.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
you can probably sign up with Land Rover to become an authorized repair shop, purchase the equipment, go through the training and finally get access to the software update stream. So this path might be a bit time consuming.
Post of the day!!!!!!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
do I always have to exit car play to use my surround camera system? I find this frustrating. Maybe I am missing something?

·
Registered
69 Posts
do I always have to exit car play to use my surround camera system? I find this frustrating. Maybe I am missing something?
Assuming you have it configured, the warning/sensor guide should pop up automatically when you begin to park. You can click the camera icon from there. The other option is load the "Land Rover" within CarPlay to take you to the original ICTP home screen, you don't have to exit CarPlay to get back to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts