RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am having probs with the car phone on my td6 02 model. all the phone language seems to be in german and cant seem to change to english would be happy if anyone could help and guide me through it please. thx.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. Ensure the ignition is switched off
2. Remove the handset from the eject box
3. Remove the sim card (if fitted)
4. Move eject box switch to position 1
5. Switch the handset on
6. Switch ignition to position II and wait for 10 seconds or more
7. Switch iginition off move the eject box switch to 0 (within 10 seconds) and within 5 seconds move eject box switch to position 1
8. Press the ok button on the handset ( this is the right half of the top right button) until Geratecode is displayed
9. Enter code 0000 and press the ok button
10. Message Anmeldung lauft will be displayed
11. When the initialisation is complete Bitte Setzen Sie Ihre Kart Ein and an SOS symbol will be displayed
12. To change the language insert the sim card into the eject box
13. Switch the ignition to position II and ensure the handset is switched on
14. When the telecom service providers name is displayed on the handset, select menu (again the is the right half of the top right button)
15. Press the number 7 on the keypad
16. When Sprache is highlighted press ok
17. Using the menu keys, scroll down the the appropriate language and press ok
18. Press higher level menu button ( this is the left half of the top right button) to exit menu
19. Procedure is now complete and the phone is set to correct language

This is a tech bulletin from 2002 which I used successfully hope it works for you

·
Registered
91 Posts
LR322 Pilot :clap:

that's awesome and i will try it on my 2002 model which phone is locked in Dutch ( yes previous owner was a dutch man living in south of france ) ..
i will do that this week end and report ...
Cheers

Jaybear :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
My previous post relates to the Seimans phone as fitted to my 2002MY car in the UK. Having set the language I then had difficulty finding a compatible
service provider/Sim card so I drove to a Car Phone Warehouse where we tried various Sim cards and discovered that 02 and Vodaphone were favourite.
This may be something to consider.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As far as service provider , all works well with mine , it was just the siemens handphone which was locked in dutch .
i will print your step to step instructions & try to unlock mine sunday .
Cheers
Jaybear

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi , used the info but was stopped midtrack as STEP 11 never apeared .

I tried step 12 anyway , but thta lead to nowhere ....

So i can use the phone from the Multimedia screen , but not with the handphone .

Anyone has a clue ??

Jaybear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts