RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyday in morning or every time after 6-7hrs parking, car is not starting in single self, takes about 5-6 attempts to start. During the day or with small few hrs stop no problem car starts instantly. Replace to new battery and still problem persist. Any idea on any other issue?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Just got a vehicle in with the same problem but will only know next week when I dig into it..

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
gkhanna,

One possibility is contaminated fuel, with water say.
After a lengthy stop, all the water or contaminants collect at the lowest point, the pump inlet, and stuff up the start.
Next cold start, try turnng the ignition on, but not to the cranking position and just leaving it there for say 10 seconds before you crank it over.
Your pump will run during that period and pump any contaminants around the line and back to the tank, thereby temporarily dispersing them.
If your truck then starts, that may be your problem.
Water in the fuel is a common issue. To eliminate any water, run a 10% ethanol mix for a tank or so, and that will de-water your fuel system by allowing any water to be absorbed by the alcohol and be burnt off with the fuel without too much drama.

Good luck and cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to All Try your petrol pump relay these have a habit of burning up check for any burn marks on the pins and clean contacts, I used to get this quite often until i found this fault. good luck.
Best regards sillyboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts