Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2020 Range Rover sport HSE and ever since I bought it I’ve had a couple of issues with it which the dealership can’t seem to either duplicate when they test drive or don’t think are issues at all:

- At slow and medium speeds ( 30-70 km/h)almost every time I take my foot off the gas pedal I feel a light thud and car slows down almost like I’m lightly braking. I can feel it more when I’m going uphill or if I’m in traffic.

- When I'm rolling to stop (i.e. at a stop sign or a red light) just before the car comes to a full stop I feel a bit of a jerk or a hop as the transmission gears down.

I find both issues extremely annoying and I can’t believe that this isn’t actually an issue when it come to a luxury vehicle but I have taken the vehicle to the dealership 3-4 times and they don’t seem to find the problem. On my last visit they checked the transmission fluid levels and seemed to be fine. I’d really appreciate if someone could provide an insight on this.

·
Registered
2019 RRS Dynamic Supercharged
15 Posts
Which driving mode is selected? Does it do that in all modes?

Also, have you ridden in another RRS to see if the behavior happens on other cars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which driving mode is selected? Does it do that in all modes?

Also, have you ridden in another RRS to see if the behavior happens on other cars?
Yes it happens in all driving modes. No I haven't tried another one to see. I had a 2015 before this and it didn't do this at all.

I guess I will have to try another RSS probably from the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a ride with the service advisor
I did that and the funny thing is that it wasn't doing it as noticeably on that one day!! Spent almost half an hour with the service foreman and couldn't duplicate it as noticeable as it usually is. I could still feel it slightly because I know when it happens but he couldn't feel it. They even took it for another test drive afterwards once the engine was cold and they said they could not duplicate it. They did check transmission fluid levels though and they said it was normal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You need to have the dealer record your transmission adaptations and review to see if they are in range and normal. Then come back in a few weeks and look at them again.
The ZF8HP uses some fuzzy logic to set these stored pressure compensation values based on your driving habits. It could be that if you or someone is inconsistent with driving, and the program has gone through an adjustment cycle, less than optimal pressures are stored which causes the clunks and pushes (mis-timed shifts with too high or too low pressure).

They are great transmissions, highly energy efficient, with lightning fast and precise shifting. If a pressure is pegged too low or high, it could indicate and issue with the mechatronics, solenoids or seals. Getting those values is a window into what is going on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to have the dealer record your transmission adaptations and review to see if they are in range and normal. Then come back in a few weeks and look at them again.
The ZF8HP uses some fuzzy logic to set these stored pressure compensation values based on your driving habits. It could be that if you or someone is inconsistent with driving, and the program has gone through an adjustment cycle, less than optimal pressures are stored which causes the clunks and pushes (mis-timed shifts with too high or too low pressure).

They are great transmissions, highly energy efficient, with lightning fast and precise shifting. If a pressure is pegged too low or high, it could indicate and issue with the mechatronics, solenoids or seals. Getting those values is a window into what is going on there.
Thanks very much for that. I'm the only one driving the vehicle and I believe I'm pretty consistent with my driving habits.
I will have to book an appointment and get them to do those checks. I will update this post once it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts