RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably most of you have the Harman Kardon Hifi System factory option, but my 2door model came only with the two speakers in the doors and nothing else. So there is still some room for improvement in the "Base department".
I want to keep it subtle to maintain the vintage look of the RR, has one of you has fitted a descret subwoofer somewhere?
Maybe behing the right hand cover (where there is only the jack) or right across the rear bench?
I havnt measured the rake/angle of the rear bench and if one of these juvenile subwoofer boxes sits flush against it. But that would be "max" and not really subtle. So basically the question is: How have you done it?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
The factory subwoofer location in that right hand panel would be a great place for a sub enclosure.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Agree with that right hand space, it would also be fairly easy to run wiring too. Another option however, might be the base cannon type of thing. They are self powered,can be easily removed if you ever need them to be, have great sound, and do not require changing the truck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks guys, yes I will have a look underneath the right hand enclosure and see what modern subwoofer fits into it. Definately wont cut holes in the enclosure, so not yet totally convinced. My favourite one at the moment is the MB Quart QB410A, lets see if the link works: http://www.amazon.de/MB-Quart-Universal-Subwoofer-QB410/dp/B00BPRHP0A

Why don't you try this....get the orginal bass box from either a '93 or '94..open it up, take out the original speaker in there, replace it with the two speaker enclosure from a disco 2, drop an aftermarket amp at the bottom, close it back up, and done

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why don't you try this....get the orginal bass box from either a '93 or '94..open it up, take out the original speaker in there, replace it with the two speaker enclosure from a disco 2, drop an aftermarket amp at the bottom, close it back up, and done
Thanks for your tip, the 93 or 94 subwoofer is the long moulded ABS plastic one isnt it? Will it fit into the position of a 2door RR rear right trunk? That might really do the trick as it does not change the looks. The square ADS box used in 92 and earlier is probably a bit small or?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts