RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car feels like a boat in the water and doesnt have any stability!, any idea?, thanks

hi, for the past 3 or 4 days my 2007 rover sport hse feels like a boat in the water and doesn't have any stability when i change lanes, and if i turn fast in a corner it sounds like the tire it's touching something

there are no faults lights, and when the car it's parked the suspension in normal height don't look lower and seems fine

the air valve of one of my front tire broke in 2 pieces, and i put a regular rubber valve and took out the rim the TPMS SENSOR until i receive the new valve in a few days

the car it's displaying the tpms fault, but i doubt this it's what it's causing the problem

any idea of what it might be??

thanks

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: Car feels like a boat in the water and doesnt have any stability!, any idea?, tha

front and rear swaybar bushings + endlinks, replace them.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
339 Posts
Re: Car feels like a boat in the water and doesnt have any stability!, any idea?, tha

Was this something that happened over night? Did you test drive or rent something new and then noticed this when you got back in your rig?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

tomorrow i'm putting the TPMS SENSORback in the car
who knows maybe that's what it's driving the car crazy

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

TPMS sensor affecting handling

·
Registered
844 Posts

tomorrow i'm putting the TPMS SENSORback in the car
who knows maybe that's what it's driving the car crazy
Is the tire affected inflated correctly?
A very low tire could cause the feel you describe.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Gues what?, yesterday i put the sensor back in the rim and when on the highway and after 3 minutes the tpms ligth dissappear and the car didn't feel like a boat anymore, i took some curves at 70mph- 80mph and was perfect

these cars are so fu..... over engineered

now just need to take it to the dealer to calibrate the suspension, or buy the software and do it myself, just to make sure it's not resting a little to the left or to the right

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

My guess is that the tire was severely under-inflated when the sensor was taken out and replaced with a regular valve. When the sensor was replaced, the tire was re-inflated back to its correct pressure. TPMS doesn't affect handling of course, but under or over-inflated tires (even one of them) definitely could.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

the tire with the broken valve when flat overnight, and then i put in the spare, and then i put back the regular tire with the rubber valve because the transmission didnt past 2nd gear with the spare

the car was never used with an under inflated tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts